RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting my turbo project and would like some input. Just wondering what everyone is running for turbos, FMUs, intake setups and things like that. Pictures would be great. I know I will need a PC3 and a few other things but any input is greatly appreciated. I will be using a Misubishi TE04H turbo and the stock waste gate. I am looking to run up to 10 PSI to try and keep things together. My ultimate goal is to run the bike at Bonniville next year to try and set a land speed record in the blown v-twin class. Thanks to everyone in advance.

·
Administrator
29,923 Posts
That would be very cool to experienceI'll help crew for you just to be there if that's okay with you? There's turbo conversations by PR and Frankenstein that will yield a lot of great info. A quick search will give you ink. My impression is thatOliver has been happy to answer questions for other members once they've read the info that is out there. I loooked at doing this but all the pipes are fugly
and in the end all it does it get me to redline faster it won't increase the top end. Still, its darn tempting.

·
Administrator
29,923 Posts
BTW Patrick Racing (PR) posted some info awhile back dicussing their work. They discovered just how many revsthe beast will take. The motor came apart every time just before 7,000 rpm. You might want to get a larger diameter rear tire and do as much gearing as you can. What's the target number, the existing record? The trick isn't to get there fast, but to get big top end.

Some Nigel Intelligence:

http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/24851.aspx(page 3)

http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/27094.aspx

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I have been to Frankensteins pages and read as much as I could and it was all very informative. I plan to run the chain drive conversion to allow for more gearing choices. I would like to see 160 to 170 but we shall see once we are on the salt. The current record is 0.
No one has tried to even attempt a record pass in the blown pushrod motorcycle 1650cc to 2000cc class yet. There is more info on the records at www.saltflats.com.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My experience from blowing pickups is that I always burn my lips on the tailpipe. No>seriously though- a bigger turbo will give you less of a low end spool but willgive a nicer top end kick especially if you have a long 5th gear and can get there without spinning tires. This was our advantage in pickup trucks (ford lightning) in that due to the light weight over the rear wheelsany boost off the line would cause spinning/hopping and ruin any decent reaction times. A big turbo takes longer to spool giving you time off the line where hopefully your motor will pull the weight. Just a thought tho. Don't know how practical it is for motorcycles but I've thought about trying it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts