RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, what have you all got for saddle bags? I would like to make a clip on set. Just wondering what you guys have been using for bags? I've been kinda poking around for a set of hard bags that suit the lines of the bike. What have you all tried?

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
link does not work for me
Sorry, bud I tried to post the pic but it came out sideways. Don't know why it does that. I just bought a new laptop, Lenovo IdeaPad S145, and it has an S mode that seems like it is messing with everything. Can't download Chrome or the Power Commander website. Should I remove the S mode if anybody knows anything about these new windows 10 computers.:D

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Rxape ur warrior looks bad @$$....

Those bags look great on ur warrior

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
I did Road Star bags.
I like the bags. Nice shape to them. I think the bags would look better if you lower the rear of the bags so they follow the lines of the bike better. They look crooked to me. Just my opinion mind you, if you like them, that's good enough. Nice job getting them mounted close to the fender with not much gap between them.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I did viking bags and the viking quick release system. Overall, im happy with them, but the quick release did take some modifications to make me happy.

First, the bolts provided were way longer, and viking wants you to have them stick out further than i liked. I was able to move each front slide all the way forward, and drill a new bolt hole on the bottom for each rear slide. This let the bracket sit closer to the frame die to the shape of our fender brackets.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
IMO the bags look somewhat out of place sitting so up like that
If they followed the lines of the warrior
Think they would flow better with the lines of the warrior

·
Registered
348 Posts
IMO the bags look somewhat out of place sitting so up like that
If they followed the lines of the warrior
Think they would flow better with the lines of the warrior

Ya, another gripe i had with the viking quick release. You can see i actually have the leather top touching the bracket, so they are as low as they can go using the quick. But, 90% of the time i dont have bags, and only use them for long trips

·
Registered
348 Posts
The first pic was taken using the spacers provided by viking (key for reference). I recently picked up a set of 3D printed spacers from the Facebook group and brought them in even closer to the bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I installed these Harley bags on my friends 04 and he loves them.
I wondered about using Harley bags. They actually look really good. Goes well with the lines of the fender and frame I think 🙂 do you have any pictures of the mounting bracket you made?

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
I wondered about using Harley bags. They actually look really good. Goes well with the lines of the fender and frame I think 🙂 do you have any pictures of the mounting bracket you made?
My friend bought a Harley hard bag mount and I just modified the top mounts and mounted the lower bar with a little modification to the right side. I don't have any pic's but I can get some from my friend that owns the bike. We also mounted a 4 speaker Harley batwing fairing and Street Glide 14" ape hangers. Doesn't look bad at all.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts