RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone has any suggestion for a set of saddle bags that go with the warrior? (not too harlish !!!) Any on bike photos?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Bismarck,
The NelsonRigg CMB300 Cruiser tank bag has worked well for me.... still looking for saddlebags.... Here is link
http://www.helmetsrus.com/tb.html
Just noticed they are also listing and selling saddle bag supports for the warrior.... no pics but list for $53.00 free shipping. I need to call and check on that![8D]

Good luck

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Checked them out... They look OK. I am wondering if I should go with Saddle bags first. I wonder if the ones for the roadstars with the warrior???

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/accessories/AcSCItemDetail.asp?lid=1&cid=2&mid=18&connavid=91&sconnavid=425&pid=1442

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey Bismarck
Well let me try this again, I had some trouble replying the first time. I have the Warrior saddlebags and tail bag from Yamaha and they look and work great IMHO. They also make a tank bag. They cost $189 for the saddlebag/tail bag set up and $89 for the tank bag from Yamaha. You can get a price break from Eric at Riva Yamaha (aka rivaeric on this website) He is a GM at a Yamaha dealership and a great guy to deal with. I have also seen both pieces at www.parkeryamaha.com for $166 and $77 respectively. I've ordered Yamaha seats from Eric, and his prices were the best. I hope this helps.
gbsteph

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gbsteph, I get 20% off the MSRP from my local dealer... Just so I am not confused, can you provide a link to the bags you are talking about? they should be on the YAmaha web site.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, I did check it out... I wish I could see them in person.... I almost would like to get hard cases similar to how the RoadKings have them*

*Reference to Harley Davidson's is made without the possibility of prosecution due to statue of limitiaions !!!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Scan through the gallery, there are a couple of members that have pictures of the Yamaha Saddle Bags and tank bag on their bikes. I think CarKnee has a pic of the saddle bags on his bike, but there are others.

I have the full set of Yamaha luggage, it is nice, simple to install, comes off in a flash and works on the stock bike setup without issue. I'm happy so far.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Cajun,
The tank bag I have CMB-300 expands to twice its compressed size- approx. 12" X 11" X 8" high. I have only had it a short while.... no chance to really pack anything. Website gives the exact dimensions compressed and expanded. www.nelsonrigg.com

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
There has been lots of discussion on this topic. Search Tank Bags and you will find all you need to know. Some of the guys (like Darkstar, I think) have been using the yamaha tank bag on the rear fender and swear by it. Check it out.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
There has been lots of discussion on this topic. Search Tank Bags and you will find all you need to know. Some of the guys (like Darkstar, I think) have been using the yamaha tank bag on the rear fender and swear by it. Check it out.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
time to resurrect an old thread;

EASY BRACKETS/RIVER ROAD combo is what I am using when I am "FORCED BY MY WIFE" so she can carry all her *** with us on the bike. Be it known right now I dispise the saddle bag look but i have to keep the piece.

1st, when I combine my MC Enterprise sissy bar, with the easy brackets, the friggin bags stick out like frackin PONTOONS!!!!!!! I shudder to think what people behind me are saying. LOOKS!!!!! it's all about LOOKS for me....LOW, LONG, and FAT....

That all said, and rant done, I want to put together a combo? brackets if needed to keep the bags off the rear wheel, yet a low and close to it as possible and not have to worry bout sucking a bag into the rear wheel.

PICS....PICS .......PICS .....if anyone who is running bags, or using bags please start posting pics from the rear of your bike for those of us dealing with this to see. Low bags, ?? soft bags ??

HARD?SQUARE BAGS NEED NOT APPLY!!!!!

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
again, I need to find a bracket that keeps the bags off the wheel, but hugs REAL CLOSE to the wheel....and low.

Specificly where the bracket mounts to the sissy bar mounting bolts right?? they tend to be designed as "sleeves" where the bolt sets into then goes in through the sissy bar mounting sleeves. I'm thinking these need to be FLAT....like washes welded to the end of the bracket where the bolts go through to attach to the bike/sissy bar/fender stays.....making sense??

g

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
I've been using Cortech soft bags with quick connects and reinforced with diamond plate inside. Over 30k miles on the bags traveling across the states and Canada.
It alll boils down to personal preference though. The man in the photo is my dad wishing he had a Warrior.

·
Premium Member
4,742 Posts

I picked up the Saddlemen crus'n slant face pouch with the Easy Brackets from Wardog77 a few weeks ago and they are about as good as can be. The stock muffler will interfere with anything else. I've got the Roadhouse Slip-on on my bike. The soft luggage Yamaha has is just to small. I have that too and can provide pics if required.

G

1 - 20 of 29 Posts