RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to let everyone know that I mounted the Saddlemen Drifter Slant Saddlebags on my Warrior. Picture's are in the Gallery!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey Darkstar, I think they look great!! Best looking setup I have seen on a warrior. Just curious, how much to your door??? Also do you think there is enough room to pack for a long weekend??? Thanks for the pic's. Later

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, Thanks Guys! I do like those bags. They look much better then I thought they would on the Warrior. The bags were $130.00 includes free shipping. I purchased the M/C Enterprise Saddlebag Guards for another $49.99 free shipping.

Yes, there is plenty of room for a weekend getaway!

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
who did you order from and what else will you be buying in the near future? I ask this so I can know what to budget, I'd like to have a few bucks left after mods to buy gas

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Hey Darkstar...... they look good........curious to know what it looks like with bags removed....... do the saddlebag gaurds stay on....or removable??

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The two rear bolts on the fender stays will be removed to take off the bag guards then replace those with stock bolts, but I guess you could leave the guards on if your on a roadtrip or touring. It takes less then 5 minutes to mount guards and or remove. I plan on carrying the stock bolts in my tool bag for quick change.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Darkstar,
Nice look. Two questions?
1. are the saddlebag guards necessary to keep the bags from getting tangled in the wheel?
2. Like Sang asked, are they throwovers? How big a deal is it to take the bags off when you arrive somewhere?
Thanks,
Tom H.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, they are throw overs, but they can disconnect from the inside and the throw over part can stay under the rear seat. It really only take less then 5 minutes to remove the bags and guards entirely off the bike. 6 bolts total. 2 on each side of the fender stays and the 2 that secure the rear pillion to the Warrior. That's it!

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
I'm planning to get a set of those bags and mount them with a set of either Ghost or Easy brackets. Both of them have a quick release system, but I'm still trying to find info on the fit of them. The bags do look good on the warrior (as good as bags on a bike can look, anyway).

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ridingrules,
If anyone had a hard time breaking up the smooth lines of the Warrior it was me. The seat is Mustangs Vintage Rider & Passenger Pillion. The passenger pillion can be removed for solo riding. In my own opinion it looks way better and is way more comfortable then any Corbin available. I have owned and put many miles on Corbin's, so I am talking from experience. The Mustang Vintage is my first Mustang product and is the most comfortable seat I have ever purchased for any of my motorcycles. Two reason's I purchased the Mustang: 1) Great Deal from WarrioRider 2) The Lil' Lady's comfort was very important to me.

BTW - The looks of the seat grow on you real fast, quality item. It does not look all that bad after you put it on. Unlike the Corbin's, it does not look out of place. That is my opinion.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Hey Darkstar, your saddlebag setup looks really nice! Congrats man, you have me seriously considering going with the ProPipe and duplicating your bag set-up on my bike. I have been yearning for a set-up on the Warrior with some serious but easily detachable bags. Nice job!

I don't agree with you on the look and function of the Corbin seats, but as you stated that is a matter of opinion, right? [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif] I have the Yamaha / Corbin DualTour and given that I personally like it so far, so I will put my two cents in for the Yamaha Dual Touring seat, especially that:

[*]it can accept not only a backrest for the rider but for the passenger as well, something the Mustang Vintage cannot do. The lady appreciates the back rest when I pull away from stoplights with that typical "Warrior" spirit! Unlike a sissy bar, the passenger seatback is easily removed or transferred to the driver's position with only a hex key[*]the entire seat can be removed from the bike at any time without tools. I'm sure your experience was better, but I had no luck in fitting several Mustang Vintages to my Warrior (front seat would NOT latch down). Perhaps it was something weird about my bike, but I found it curious that this was isolated to the Vintage and not the stock seat or the Corbin.[*]the "up and out" lift of the seat, out of the deep dip of the frame, has eliminated painful hip cramps after long rides for my 6'1" frame that had become part and parcel of the Warrior riding position with the stock seat[*]the height of the rear passenger seat portion has eliminated the need for me to lower the rear passenger pegs for my 5'10" passenger (the Vintage passenger seat is also thick and would do the same I'm sure) [*]it was a great value for a seat with faux alligator leather seat panels (the Mustang in contrast is an all vinyl construction). In my case, Yamaha's $100 holiday rebate snagged me the seat for about $325 shipped. [/list]
The DT has proven to be very comfortable for my butt for the past 3000 miles, including my ride to Daytona and back, with no fender denting thus far, even with the seat backs installed. Now, just as you stated about the Vintage, the look definitely is one that grows on you, but not one in my opinion that looks grossly out of place. It is a heavy (16lb) seat, compared to like 7lb for the stock seat, and starts off firm but I find it breaks in nicely as the miles rack up. It is a one piece touring seat, so it's all or nothing whether you are riding one or two up. I've looked at both as well, the DT is not for everyone (neither is the Vintage) and in all fairness to the folks at Corbin, they make a quality product and an especially attractive one if you shop around and can snag it at a good price!

But hey, this thread ain't about seats, all this is just MY opinion on the Corbin DT, so back on topic, NICE FIND and job on the saddlebags, best setup I have seen yet for the Warrior!

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Stilleto,
Did you remove the under seat tool pouch and relocate it to the holder under the Mustang Seat, which is provided and built into bottom of the pan on the Mustang. I went round and round on why it would not latch down, but after some advice from the individual I bought it from it clamps down nice and secure. The position of the stock tool pouch is what prevents the Mustang from latching.

Oh Yes, back on subject. Yes, I looked extensively for bags that would work and I did not want to spend a ton of money to make touring a little more convienent. I love the ideal of the ghost brackets or Easy Brackets, but man I will not pay more money for a mounting system then the actual bags. I refuse too, especially with the actual amouint of time those bags will be on the Warrior. Only when I go on extended trips will I pack those saddlebags. Also, like I mentioned for the amout of time it takes me to mount and dismount the bags and bag guards, less then 10 minutes I prefer spending the extra cash on myself or something for the Warrior. No need for a small fortune to be invested on a saddlebag mounting system. Plus does the Easy Brackets allow you to support the bags from bouncing around and rubbing on the tire?

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
I don't have the easy brackets, but I will probably get them. I already have had a nice set of bags from my last bike. But I prefer for my bags not to touch the fender, that's why I am leaning towards the easy brackets. From the pictures I have seen of the back mounting plate on for the easy brackets it looks like it would easily support the bags and keep them away from the tire. Plus, I like to use my bike for all sorts of stuff, like running up to the beverage store. It would be nice to put the bags on and off in seconds to do something like that.

I agree with you though, if you only plan on using them once in a while for touring, your setup with the bag supports definately does the job for less cash.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
quote:Originally posted by DarkStar

Stilleto,
Did you remove the under seat tool pouch and relocate it to the holder under the Mustang Seat, which is provided and built into bottom of the pan on the Mustang.

First thing I tried was to remove the tool kit completely from the equation. Second thing was to push down on the ECU and wires. No dice either way, must have just been bad karma.[V]

1 - 20 of 30 Posts