881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it that the same old members bikes are always on the home page?????[?]

Lets give some other members a chance!!

Ron

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Do yourself a favor and just set your bookmark to this page to be a link to the active topics. I got sick of seeing the same few bikes on the front page, too. I finally just quit looking at it.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
It's up to you to get your bike on the home page. I've had mine there, but only when I have something to add to My Warrior page. I've done a few mods this winter and a few more are coming. I won't add any new pictures till the spring weather occurs. It seems some guys make a minimum change to get their bike on the Home page.

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Not sure it worth getting worked up about it. Its a picture to make the home page a litter richer - graphically. For someone who comes to the site for the very first time it makes it more inviting. The fact that it is updated based on the last change is a nice feature. Some people update their galleries a lot and that is good for the site and its traffic. I look at it all the time and once in a while see something new.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
I'm guilty , I didnt realize at first because I dont always go to the homepage. I would make some small change and then my bike would be on the home page.I didnt do it to get attention. What-ev !

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Sometimes I have to hit refresh on the homepage - I'm not a technical guy, but it's like my computer keeps the same page unless I hit refresh. I noticed the same pic for 3 days in a row, and then it refresh and boom it was changed - maybe it was coincidental...

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Who you calling Old??? Iam right there with you same people everyday.. I mean come on get a life People... Give me a Chance...lol...

I mean Right Now Frankenstein is up there.. That guy never Mods anything...lol.. Hey oliver Nice Supercharger.. Any chance we can get some more Pics??

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Was nice to see Olivers pic on the home page.. Been awhile. I would defend alot of these guys to the end if thier pic is up there regularly. With it being winter mod time alot are having things done. The home pic lets me know to look and see whats different.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Some guys do it to up there most viewed count, I'm sure. Others just like to see their bike on the home page. Makes'em feel special.[^]

There's really nothing you can do about it. It is kind nice to see your own bike up there but it gets annoying when you do something you would like the rest of the forum to see and it's knocked off the homepage 10 seconds later.

I did like most of the ones on here and set my computer up so that it opens to the forums instead of the homepage. Problem solved.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm not worked up about it at all!!
Just thought I would state a fact and see if anyone else felt the same.
Maybe make it more random!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts