Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Did a few upgrades last year:

AIS blockoff

BAK

Dyna Coils

PCIII

Haven't done a dyno tune yet because I've been losing power due to the exhaust and no back pressure. Just got a stock header and a Bub slip on off EBay and am hoping that this will put me somewhere in the mid 80's to low 90's for HP.

My question is whether or not the Bub/stock header setup isa better setup than the Samsons? I don't care about the sound, I'm pretty sure that it's going to roar just fine, but I'm trying to squeeze as much power as I can get without cracking the engine open at this point.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's actually what I'm looking for. I've still got my shorties, and if what you're saying is correct, I might be trying to get rid of both sets and put the $$$ towards that. I had a sweet deal on one a few months ago, but the job situation was getting a little tight and thankfully I held off. Kinda hard to eat chrome when you're hungry..

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IMHO, they look great and sound killer. Almost too killer sometimes, they're LOUD! But from everything I've read and from what the local dyno guru tells me they rob some performance.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Sorry to barge into this conversation but "YES", if you're running open Samson GP's you lose alot of torque. Trust me, I know from experience. Therefore, I took some 10" baffles and cut them down to 4-1/2" and installed them. Problem solved! Considering how much power I lost running straight pipes, with these bafflesI would put my pipes up against any others. I also have a true map in my new PCIII which made a world of difference as well. Good luck!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So you're saying that Sampson's with decent baffles will make as much power as a comparable 2-1 pipe?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts