RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok now that i have the bike the fun begins.I got it home and as soon as the wife seen it the only thing she didn't life was the factory pipe.I am thinking samson's street sweepers and i need to now will they turn blue .Also do i need a power commander the local yammy dealer says no.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Samson pipes have heat shields and shouldn't turn blue on you. You can always bump the ecu a little if you don't want buy the pcIII, although I would recommend it. (you'll get one sooner or later)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Mine have not turned blue however be aware the street sweepers are loud and throw road sand and what not all over the rear of the bike. My bro out here had them on his for a while.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the Street Sweepers and though it has only been a short time, they have not turned blue. The main reason is because of the shields. The pipe under the shields is a different story. [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]
I haven't had any issues with them getting the rear wheel overly dirty. I think the Ground Pounders would cause more of a problem since they face down VS. outward.
One thing is for sure... these pipes are loud! Not really obnoxious loud but they will leave a ringing in your ears if you start playing with the throttle (specially while the bike is sitting still).
I set off a car alarm the other day when I opened her up a bit. I didn't mean to do it... really, I didn't [}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]
Take a look at my gallery and you can get a good idea of how they look.
c-ya

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have had the Sweepers for over a year, recommend the power commander...you will get one eventually casue you will want Churchkey's V-Bak, just for kicks. I have set off so many car alarms down main street I can't even count them anymore....now I just don't go rippin down main street or anything, but they are loud[}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Enjoy your baby and welcome to the best Warrior forum on the web.[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Registered
149 Posts
I also have Sampson pipes. The Ground Pounders look cool. Really loud...too loud. I installed the baffles and there is a definte notice in sound. These also have full heat shields the entire length of the pipes. No discoloration either.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've had the Ground Pounders for a year now. The chrome holds up great. Never heard them straight. I put the HP baffles in when I put the pipes on.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
My suggestion, buy used. EBAY, or here, you will save on money, and be happy. That way if you don't end up liking them, it will make it easier on you when you decide to try something else. I have bought almost everything used in almost new condition and saved hundreds of dollars. It saved me on my handle bars, all three sets I bought for the price of one, and you would never tell that they were used....

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've had the ground-pounders approx. 4 yrs. I love them except for one thing - I drag the tips on every right hand curve/turn. I'd recommend the street sweepers for this reason. I did the flip and grind lowering. I think that's why the GP's drag so much. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have the ripsaws! love um! LOUD doesnt explain it. I was heard from about 2 miles away the other day by my dad. of course i was goin about 115 down the highway/emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
SOme will say not good, and they are right to an extent. I know from seat of the pants that I gained speed/power in the upper rpm range, as I switched it back to stock just to make sure. I also know that I have pulled on some other warriors, but who really knows. I don't think that it is really gonna make that much difference to ya, unless you plan on going to the strip constantly.... But you are only going to gain a couple tenths with another pipe anyway. Big deal!!!! FOr me it was the looks and the sound. I have gone to the strip, and got some decent numbers for my first time, and I know that I could have done better.... Compaired to some with internal mods, I think it did pretty good....

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Welcome to the 4M and let me be the umptied guy to tell you YOU WILL BY A PCIII [}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]if not today ...[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]
I know becouse i always tought i did not need it[?] wel this summer i will place one[V] i have to admit all thos mod junkie's on the 4M are right[/emoticons/emotion-3.gif)]

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Welcome to the 4M. Redbull's ebay advice is good. I've got a good deal for dktrader for a set of Chambermaids for about $175 new. They occasionally put up some overstocks. I kid my wife, change the transfer case oil, change the exhaust system. LOL

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
quote:Originally posted by The_Bear

Welcome to the 4M. Redbull's ebay advice is good. I've got a good deal for dktrader for a set of Chambermaids for about $175 new. They occasionally put up some overstocks. I kid my wife, change the transfer case oil, change the exhaust system. LOL
I like that, "KID MY WIFE". If she ever found out I did that she's stuff it up my ass and play a tune with it....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts