RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Crappiest pipes I've ever owned. You will lose a bunch of torque, they drag in hard in moderate right handers and mine only lasted 1 year before they broke in half at the bend. They sound good, but so does my Vance and Hines Propipe without a baffle and it still has more torque than the Samsons did.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Wow! My Samsons are great quality! Did you do something crazy like take out the baffles or something? Was there there stress on the bracket when they were installed? Everyone's entitled to their own opinion but I think $200 is a great price for those pipes. The only reason they are so cheap is because there is no market for Warrior accessory's. (Guess I should add I have "Sweepers")

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Wow! My Samsons are great quality! Did you do something crazy like take out the baffles or something? Was there there stress on the bracket when they were installed? Everyone's entitled to their own opinion but I think $200 is a great price for those pipes. The only reason they are so cheap is because there is no market for Warrior accessory's. (Guess I should add I have "Sweepers")
Negative, I just rode them the same way I've ridden my propripe. I actually took off my propripe cause it was scratched up and bought a brand new set of Samsons. The Samsons scraped so early they were d*mn near dangerous, IMO, and just one year after I bought them they snapped at the bend by the cylinders. I put my beat up old propipe back on. I won't say I'm easy on pipes, but my propipe has stood up to 10 years of abuse and has ALWAYS made a lot more power. I'm sorry but I wouldn't put Samson pipes on my bike even if they were free. Just my humble opinion, of course.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Several people who have owned Samson pipes have had issues. The pipes on E-Bay look like they are from the new series of Warlords.

My Samsons also cracked at the front header while doing 80+ mph. If it was not for the heat shield, I could have had a worst day. It seems that the metal broke from heat and stress to me. I also had multiple holes from rust. I rode in the rain and had no garage.

These will not sound as good as the short pipes. If they have a baffle, they are not removable. The pipe make good power with a baffle. The shorter original Warlord pipes are the loudest available for the warrior. Add a BCTM baffle, they sound great and more torque than stock. I use to wheelie with these pipes at will. Not as easy with the Big Shots.

Here you can see some of the damage of my pipe.

I do not recommend any Samson products because they do not stand behind theri product. After contacting them about my exhaust, they said they would not help because I was over the 1 year warranty. They tried to sell me another full system that was less than the MSRP or two pipes for more than I could purchase a full system from a retail store.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts