RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Cobra slash cut slip-on arrived today. Wife bought it for me for Christmas off of E-Bay for $40!

They don't make them anymore, but the price. Click the pics for full size!

Install was pretty straight forward.
  1. Remove stock can and upper mount .
  2. Remove brake resevoir from upper mount.
  3. Mount resevoir to supplied bracket.
  4. Mount bracket to frame.
  5. I loosened the lower bracket to help with alignment.
  6. Installed slip-on with supplied hardware.
  7. lined everything up and tightend down.
  8. Start Warrior and proceed to bother neighbors!

1st impressions:

Very quiet at idle. pretty loud on throttle. Not as deep as I would like, but for the money, it rocks.

On a side note, I bumped the ECU +3 on both cylinders from stock. Anybody have any thoughts on this that have run this or any other slip on? I am at sea level if it helps.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Looks great! Big improvement over the water heater!

...I was gonna post a picture of >my< ups driver, but didn't want to steal your thread!

·
Premium Member
8,918 Posts
kickice24 ....You might want to pay more attention to the upcoming collision of your new dangling stiffbag hanging on the bottom triple tree ....the next time UPS delivers itmight be a new front fender
.. now i've been wrong before ...

Nice looking pipe and a definite improvement over the bazooka. On a very positive note, the factory head pipes and heat shields are second to none and will do the best job of protecting the rider from heat.

..... suggest you get out your Dremel cut-off tool and remove the bent solidrod heel guard tack welded tothe right passenger peg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2281/1686623492_006fc6cb3a_b.jpg

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have the same cobra pipe on mine.I like it pretty well andsounds good to me. I didn't do any adjusting and it runs just fine,

I wish my UPS drivers look as good as her!!!!!!!!!!!! I've got a big package for her to handle!!!!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I didn't know they stopped making the megaphone... I ordered mine the day I picked up my bike...

Mod fever has bitten.

Accept it.

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
looks good. I guess I say it before anyone else gets the chance...get that sticker off the swingarm..
If my ups driver looked like that, I'd order stuff everday...

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
AlanH said:
kickice24 ....You might want to pay more attention to the upcoming collision of your new dangling stiffbag hanging on the bottom triple tree ....the next time UPS delivers itmight be a new front fender
.. now i've been wrong before ...

It's soft leather and I didn't think there was enough travel to worry about. I could be wrong though!!!

..... suggest you get out your Dremel cut-off tool and remove the bent solidrod heel guard tack welded tothe right passenger peg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2281/1686623492_006fc6cb3a_b.jpg

Great idea. That will come very soon!

The sticker's coming off tomorrow. Would have done it today, but had family plans and wanted to get a quick ride in!

·
Registered
946 Posts
Lookin good brotha....Now I'll have to call you something else other than the whisper 2000...guess that will have to be my brother's new name...

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just a quick update. I've got a couple hundred miles on the Cobra S/O now and it's actually breaking in quite nicely. The tone has deepened up and mellowed. It has a nice grumble to it whe cruising. I'm liking it more and more now that it's "maturing". I may just leave it on.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts