RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 426 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He guys & gals, since new exhaust, fat azz kit, vbak, custom rear fender, turn sigs, thunder man intake, pcIII and bars aren't going to be enough mods for me this year....I want to go with some raked trees. Not liking current prices, I emailed a manufacturer who deals mostly with HD's and customs. Some of you are familiar and are past customers. I inquired specifically about triple trees, mostly because theirs look outstanding and the price is 1/2 to 1/3 of what us Warrior Dudes are paying.
At first "Steve" wasn't interested for what seemed to be obvious reasons....volume. After informing Steve that this forums members are quite a force, with substantial numbers, he asked that I canvass the forum for interest. That's the nature of my "rare" post.
So, without further ado, said manufacturer is Hammer Custom Cycles. Steve Hammer has been very gracious, has quickly replied to my emails and is genuinely willing to work with us. Directly below, I've attached the correspondence with Steve. If your interested, "post up". As you can see, It's only going to take a (10) pc order to get this off the ground. There was no mention of a one time deal. I think if long term demands/volumes are decent, the price will remain reasonable (of course that's all up the Hammer Custom Cycles). As I mentioned in my email to Steve, I'm just doing some introductions. I have no interest, affiliation or stock in this. And I certainly don't want to accept responsibility if things don't work out for either party. If anyone knows of a reason or reasons, why this shouldn't be pursued, I'm good with that. Again I know of HCC only through posts in this forum and from what I've read, all is positive.
NOTE: Most recent question to Steve was regarding modeling and mock up. I suggested a local (to HCC) guinea pig. If we can get samples to him, they'll be able to reverse engineer for dim and tolerance, but mock up/test is always a good thing. Lots more discussions needed.

MY 1ST EMAIL TO HCC --->

Customer Service,

I'm interested in a set of 5 or 6 deg triple trees for my 06 Road Star Warrior. Looking at your website, most of your applications are apparently HD related, however there is reference to "customs" and I noticed your obvious machining capability.
So, I'll start with the basic question: Do you manufacture triple trees for the warrior?
I know members of the RSW forum have purchased parts from you but
I haven't come across any info on your triple tress (for the warrior). If this is a possibility, please provide options and pricing. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for your time
Mark

HCC REPLY --->

Hi Mark. We did get the specs on a set to make them in the future,
but we have so many other HD items that companies order in large amounts and no one has ordered any kind of bulk for those trees, that is why we haven't done them. Should a company call up for them we would be all over it. Sorry we couldn't help you right now.

STEVEN HAMMER

ME BEGGING --->

Hey Steve,

I figured it was demand/volume related. In the first draft of my email to you I rambled on about that but I figured I'd just let you tell me. I'm actually very surprised that there hasn't been more interest. These Road Stars aren't as "populous" as HD's but there is a very large following. I think there's 10 or so thousand members in the RSW forum alone and that's primarily Warriors. Many members have installed aftermarket trees and many more are interested, but with the going rate of $700.00 to $900.00 per set, many won't take the plunge. There are obviously guys (like Mortons) building trees for Road Star's. Their prices may very well be dictated by volumes but
the market isn't going to move unless a manufacturer enters with a high quality lower priced version. BTW, I'm not a salesman or business owner trying to get into this. Just a guy that loves to customize my bike and would like to do it at a reasonable cost (like the large majority of owners).
Your HD trees look outstanding and the price is incredible. If you were interested, what kind of volumes would be cost effective for you to get into this? This forum that I speak of is a great way to spread the word and get a general sizing for interest.
I know the forum members that have purchased from you, like what you're selling because I've read some comments about your grips etc.
Well, I'll quite pulling your ear. I gotta go try to bargain on some triple trees /emoticons/emotion-5.gif

Thanks for replying.
Merry Christmas.
Mark

HCC REPLY --->

Mark you have my attention on this. If you can get 10 guys together that want the same rake of trees, and get me 1 stock set from one of your bikes to check specs on, we will go for it. If you had an aftermarket set already in the rake you need that we could get dems from that would be the fastest and cheapest way to go for all of
us. See what you can do and I will try to work with you if you can get your guys to jump in as well. Selling price should be around the $300-$350 range in chrome, so 1/2 the price of the others.... thanks a lot

STEVEN HAMMER

·
Registered
138 Posts
Speaking of getting someones attention! That is a **** good price. Keep the info coming I am very interested.

Good work!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Darkstar,
From Steve's last email, that price includes chrome.
BTW, to everyone, Steve sounds as excited about this as (I hope) we are.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Way to be !! Mark MR.....I want in as well if they are in chrome or polished at that price![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] just hope the headlight bucket bracket and stock brake block fits, if they did the trees in polished , we could drill at tap the brake block etc,cause I don't think some of the other companies do that to their trees eigther ? not sure.....might need Paula to school us on that one! she don't do Diamond's , [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] but got some nice trees!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I would in for a chromed set of 6 degrees![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] You were right about the $700 price tag keeping me away![/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Way to go Mark! At that price for chrome you can count me in! Someone out there should be nice enough to lend them their raked triple trees right? I'll spread the word to the Chicago Warrior Chapter![/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got an email back from Steve regarding mock up. He offered to send a set to a me or other volunteer. Or his words "a local one would be awesome" meaning some lucky slob will be able to deal directly and personally. Any (close to Glendale AZ) takers? Who knows maybe an even better price on the prototypes (again, between the lucky one and Steve). I'd go but it's a little out of the way. I'd think one of the near 200 members in Az will step forward [/emoticons/emotion-4.gif] Preferably someone that can work through (critical) technical issues? An important point - we need some donor parts for Steve. Stock and 6 deg. Any suggestions? Actually has anyone installed 5 deg trees? I was thinking that would be a good comprise between great looks and handling? Don't know.

·
Registered
850 Posts
i am interested in some chrome 6 degree tress. the extreme prices is why i have not done this one mod left on my list of things to do. look forward to hearing more info.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Regarding some of the points about fitment of headlight and brake line brackets etc. I think that's one important reason to get Steve a set of stock trees. Did the stock trees change from year to year with respect to these brackets or in any other way? I've only had my current bike since March so I don't know.
Another point that I'd like to discuss with Steve is some variations in his process for bars. I'd love to have a set of Ness Ram Bars but the spacing won't work on trees manufactured per our stock hole spacing. A programming change for different spacing would solve that so that may not be considered a complete made to order set. Possibly more options still at this great price. But that's details to be discussed later.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I think that it's great what you guys are doing but here is my .02.
If you look at the difference between the six degree trees and the 7degree trees there is a world of difference.
I went with the 7degree trees because whenever I look and someones bike that said they had the six degree trees, most of the time I could not tell them from stock.
Now this is just my take on it but I had to say it. Maybe a few of you will agree with me or not but thats it.
Good luck.

Insert Image:

·
Registered
188 Posts
I would be interested at 7* but would have to be able to get them clean with none of the tabs for mounting headlight tach ext. I am all mod on the front end.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Mortons trees come such that you can unbolt the tabs that hold all that stuff on. If you want it clean those trees will do it for you.

quote:Originally posted by THeBull

I would be interested at 7* but would have to be able to get them clean with none of the tabs for mounting headlight tach ext. I am all mod on the front end.

1 - 20 of 426 Posts