RS Warrior Forum banner

381 - 400 of 426 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
I thought Steven was sent a 6 degree set of trees,and a set of 7 degree set of mortons trees that fit a warrior,for them to go by. To me,they should be able to duplicate something that is sitting right in front of them.If they are good machinists,I dont understand what there problem is.To me there is something else going on thats not being told. Im still waiting also.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Mark, Pep,

Good news. Sebastian, co-owner/cad/cnc programmer drove from Phoenix down to Tucson to get measurements to make a a sample set of 6 degree trees. We disassembled the front end of my bike so he could get exact dimensions and actually see what the trees look like on a Warrior. He said in about three weeks he will have the first set made and will either bring them to ship them to me to fit on my bike, write up the process, and then test them and let them know if there are any issues or changes that need to bemade. They (Steven and Sebastian) are very concerned about the quality and safety of their products. Because the Warrior is something different for them they want to be sure that this will fit correctly. The first set they are going to make will be very similar to the 6 degree sample trees that they have in the shop.

Sebastian was very apologetic the whole time he and his wife were here at my house takingmeasurements and examining how these fit on the Warrior. They are a small three man shop and are always fighting to keep up with the demands for all the different parts they make. Both Sebastian and Steven want to get this project going before the members here lose faith in them. I spent several hours with Sebastian yesterday and he truly is a nice guy and wants to make these parts for us. So hang in there. Ilet him know that the discussions on this thread have slowed down and that I am not sure if there is the same demand there once was but he assured me that they will make these even if the only make a few.

I will let know know more as soon as I know anything.

Tim

Sahuarita, AZ

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
It sounds like they will stick with the open top design since there are concerns about being able to lower the front and lossing the adjustability. We did talk about finishes, chrome, polished and powder coated are what they will offer. All hardware needed will be included except for the main shaft. The main shaft will need to be pressed out of your stock trees and pressed into the new trees. Staying with the stock stem will allow you to adjust the headset as per the factory manual and use the factory bearings, dust seals etc. They will use two pinch bolts per fork tube per tree.

Once I remove my upper tree, we compared it to the sample 6 degree tree and it is almost identical. The factory ignition switch is riveted in so they will drill and tap hole to mount the switch, the lower factory tree has holes drilled and tapped for brackets to mount the front brake line and they will add those. The factory tree is cast and had a steering stop cast into the bottom tree, both sample tree sets they have from members here, have holes drilled and tapped for a large bolt to act as a stop and they will follow that. The mounting holes for the handle bars will be set up for a bushing just like stock. Sebastian was talking about adding a bevel to the edge or possible changing the shape of the trees a little to stay away from the stock look but nothing too drastic. He asked me several times how many members wanted what degrees, I have no idea but he will stick for the 6 degree for the first set and after testing they will discuss other degrees and other options.

If anyone has questions or concerns let me know, if I don't have an answer I will get a hold of the shop and ask.

Thanks,

Tim

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Thanks for the response Tim. It sound as if they are a bit closer and that's encouraging. Hopefully you'll have several here that will want to take advantage of this.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #385
Tim,

First off, thanx for hangin with this thing. I'm sure we all share the same sentiment.....thank you for taking the time by letting this highjack your Sat. Especially having to tear your bike down when you're just getting back to riding (post ordeal). Sounds like we're making progress. Basic open top design will be good for some (maybe most).Actually this is what was originally planned. Hammer and Co. started pushing the smoothie part of the way through because that is their forte. Maybe we'll evolve into that as well. Anything that Hammer can do to add some "uniqueness" is good by me. Looks like all stock stuff will be accounted for. No (2) piece design for a clean look. But it's a start. I'll pass on the spreadsheet to Steven with the breakdown as last recorded. I do owe him a call, thus I'll discuss with him how he wants to handle that breakdown (last/latest version of the spreadsheet still had the 6 deg rake as the majority). It looks like they are going to let us order all/any angle rakes, in any of the (3) finishes, so that doesn't look like an issue (I would think that there will be minimums for each). When I get a minute, I'll post the latest spreadsheet as I think I have a couple of additions since last updated.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #386
There was a couple of questions recently about"the list" soI thoughtI would post it.Unlike the previous times that it was posted.... this timeI just copied and pasted directly from the file. Seemed to work well enough. It has changed very little since the last time it was posted. I don't know how much value it it really has right now. I also send the totals to Steven because they also had a question about the numbers.

6 Deg Chrome
6 Deg PC Blk
7 Deg Chrome
7 Deg PC Blk
Unfinished
Unspecified
Comments/Questions/Concerns

dram06war

darkstar

Chrome. Degree not specified

Doomsday

the grider

Fork extensions supplied?

wailen123

C or P. Headlight and brake hose brkts

62rampsidekid

mdfdwarrior

crown

HURD

Ness Bars

ArizonaWarrior

badmutha72

Finish unspecified

brb03

Chrome. Changed from 6 to 7?

DarkSide

Degree unspecified

THeBull

No tabs/clean front. Finish unspecified

djkahler

Likes 7's. Finish unspecified, extensions?

Riff

Finish unspecified

WarriorDog
Pros and cons between 6's & 7's

meTrickWarrior

artz9

Finish unspecified

bobbysixkiller
6's or 7's. Finish unspecified

Has 6's, may go chrome

brotherming

Finish unspecified

Pep

Prefers 7, would do 6. Finish unspecified

vdoc

rice

6's. Likes the idea of 5's. Fin. unspec'd

jarv

6's or 7's. PC

RF WIZ
Deg and finish unspecified

1fastwarrior02
Stock deg, in chrome

fastnfat

6's or 7's

vladens
Possibly later?

joshuaerdman

Prefers 7's over 6's. Finish unspecified

jremacle1

gchalifo

Was "later". Now 7 deg, chrome

Screamin04R1

Finish not sepcified

Pyre

Finish not sepcified

rodcolorado

mitskip

D2DAB

CrumbTray

WIKD

Finish unspecified. Extensions?

rsbwarrior

6's or 7's. Finish unspecified. Extensions?

djibodu

Dropped out 01/20

fastmvr

6's or 7's

man78

6's or 7's

WarriorShade

6's or 7's, chrome or brushed

TGH

6's or 7's

allcreationwept73

rev579

fdwarrior

Rogerswarrior

Finish unspecified

harleymc301

wan-e-wan

lagalaxy8

motorace

griff383

Deg not specified. PC.

fruitjacket

Deg not specified. Chrome

NIL8U

marsupilami

6 deg unfinished

MuDfReAk

drakerogers1

cltgt

6 deg, finish unspecified

TOTAL: 59

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #387
Just noticed on the above list, a couple of the names that are crossed out on the actual file, didn't past with the "strikethrough" (ex: jremacle1) and atleast one name came out as(****) ***, but don't worry about it. List is just forreference.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #389
Well, the hole was dug, but luckily we didn't startthrowing the dirt in. Actually that's not true. It's just taking much longer than expected. Thanks for hanging in there.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey guys its good to see that this is still moving forward slowly but surely. I just got situated back here in Iowa glad to be home. Cant wait till the day we get to order these.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #391
As mentioned in a previous post,Isaid that I wouldget with Steven Hammer for a status. I did so on the 22nd. Following is my email and his reply: My note in italics, Steven's reply in bold

Hey Steven

I promised the forum members that I'd discuss with you a time frame/schedule for this, plus try to get some details on ordering etc.

Can you give me a relatively accurate estimate of:

1)When will prototypes be finished (machining)?
2) When will you be doing the install? I assume you'll continue to work with Tim for install/fit?
3) The more important question obviously is when will parts be ready to order?
4) You'll be building 6 deg (available to order) first?
5) How longafter will 7 deg be available (to order)?
6) All forum members will place separate/individual orders. Whatwill be yourmin. production/build qty for each deg?
7) Once you sell out of a particular set, what's the lead time to fill follow-on orders?
8) Will you have a min qty on finish/plating (suppose one person wants6 deg powder coat
and all other orders are in chrome)? Any additional charge for this?
9) Have you absolutely decided on a version (smooth / open top)? If so will there be opportunity later for the other version?

Hey how are ya'? I know it has been a very long time and I am sorry for that. We just couldn't run them with all the unknown factors of that model. We tried to get someone local here and Tim was just waaaaay over at the other side of the state. We finally got the specs., but I know you all wanted them sooner... All I can say is I beat my programmer with a whip daily but he has to finish the existing orders that had to be completed first. I am calling another very good friend to help us get a prototype out as soon as we can. We will try to do as many rakes as we can... the open top is the tree we will be doing... when we have one done we will be sending it to Tim or you if you would like? we will sell them raw, polished, chrome, or black when ready... once we have your ok that it fits and works.... we will make a run of each... then another run after we get the feedback from you all....
ok? I really will get these done for you.. I just couldn't squeeze anymore out of the help I have... sorry

·
Registered
397 Posts
Sorry, but I'm out on this.

I went down hard this weekend.
I almost lost my right leg and my body did not fair to well. Thanks for all the work guys!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #393
This little project coming together means nothing when we've got a fellow member down. I'm very sorry to hear that.What's the extent of your injuries? Hope you're ok. Get well soon.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Sorry to hear you went down. Hope everything is ok and you are doing well.

Just noticed this post.. only been on here for a good 3-4 weeks now. If prices were to stay in that range I might have to consider raking it out 6 degrees in chrome. Depending on when they hit market. Little broke from everything else this month (just bought). I love the raked look, and would keep me from being stupid in the twisties. They seem to have some awesome products and bar bushings is a must, although would be awesome to have a more common spacing.. but then you have a whole new ball game. I agree to some type of bevelled egde to give it a little something, but nothing extreme.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Thanks guys!

I have a 14"gash that went to the bone on my right thigh and some road rash on my right hip. I have road rash on myleft jaw, gums and arm.My right ribs and chest are bruised from the rear fender stopping me. I still say there issomething broke in there but thedoctors say no.This was the first timethis year I went out without myjacket and my fullface helmet on.
(I was just going for a ride around town)The bike did better than me. I thought it would be totaled from how hard we went down but it's not too bad.I'm a believer now infullface helmets and leathers. I would have came out a lot better if I would have had them on!!

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Sorry for the mishap and thankful you could give us a heads-up about it. What exactly happended that caused the accident? Per haps there's something to learn from you experience besides the valus of a helmet and jacket.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Pep said:
Sorry for the mishap and thankful you could give us a heads-up about it. What exactly happended that caused the accident? Per haps there's something to learn from you experience besides the valus of a helmet and jacket.

Thanks! Not much to learn from it.

My front tire washed out on me atabout 50mph going into a left turn. I have been through that turn many times in the past and never had any problem. I just don't get it!It wasdry out,not a thing in or on the road. I have been ridingstreet bikes for over ten years now and this was my first fall.Maybe it was just my time to go down. I don't know!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #398
Well you were moving along pretty quicklyso Iguess your injuries could have been worse(that's looking at the bright side). Regarding full face helmet and leather jacket....I never leave home without them. Honestly, no matter how hot it is or how short the ride. Lot's of disagreement I'm, sure,that's just me.Get well soon. Tough part may be riding through that corner again.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Anything new? By nowthey should have some sort of estimate as to when they might be selling these things. I think we put a man on the moon quicker(assuming we actually did).

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Guys,
I'm probably going to have to drop off the list for now. We had a flood and I have some concerns about the bike. Insurance adjuster will be here in the next couple days. I don't think the bike is that bad but i still need to wait for the estimate and/or final determination.

Thanks,
Duke

PS: The man on the moon comment was pretty funny . . . . . . . . . and fairly accurate.

381 - 400 of 426 Posts