RS Warrior Forum banner

401 - 420 of 426 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
As most of you know I have backed out of this offer but I'm still following the progress. This is ridiculous. Why not start looking for another vendor to do these? Anyone can price custom triple trees at $350 if they never have to deliver the product.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, new to this forum. Can't help but notice there is a raked tree sale going on here! If this can happen soon, may I join inon it please? Looking forward to chatting with you all! Regards, Ken from BC Canada.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
cryptcrawler said:
Hey guys, new to this forum. Can't help but notice there is a raked tree sale going on here! If this can happen soon, may I join inon it please? Looking forward to chatting with you all! Regards, Ken from BC Canada.

I'm sure they'll add your name to the list, but good luck with then they'll be ready. This has been going on since Dec 7th.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
All kidding aside Mark. On a "group buy" you need to update at least weekly to keep the interest up and things moving.. If you will look at the the Group Buy on Wide Tire Kits, Thom was all over that until it was completed and it was one of the more successful ventures. Plus he was dealing with vendors that were already tooled-up for the mods.

If this thing isn't happening and Hammer is dragging his feet, you need to kill this deal until you find another vendor. Perhaps I'll have the funds again later in the year should you try this again.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #408
Hey guys,I have to apologize for not posting an update lately. Work and pers. life have been way to busy to got on the forum to any extent.Haven't even had time to ride. OK, enough whining.Regarding the "group buy" that Duke mentioned, this was notintended to be a group buy in a classic sense. It was an attempt to establish a new supplier for triple trees at a discounted rate, for continued, ongoing orders. That said,there isn't much of an update regarding progress with Hammer. Late last week I requested that Steven send back the trees that Tony and I sent, for samples. I sent an email to Tony just to make certain of the ship to address. I haven't heard back fromhim but Steven shipped my loaners and is waiting for a reply from Tony.Also, inthe email to Steven,I asked for a status of the build.His response was that they are still building the Harley Trees and that ours will follow.

Steven has continuously told me and I think Tim (too) that he's very much interestedin building trees for us.

But we should have, at the very least, seen samples by now.

I'm going to send Steven an email informing him that we're pulling the plug on this, from a"focused group" concern. I don't know what that means from a forum topic perspective (closed, suspended etc etc???). I'll mention to Steven that it is up to his discretion as to whether or not he wants to pursue manufacturing our trees.I would think that in the near future if he does have something to offer, there will still be anxious customers.However, keeping this topic going is probably not the right thing todo any longer.

Once again my apologies for not being able to pull this thing off as intended and for not posting recently (I really have been working 15 -16 hrs a day, 7 days a week and have just not had time, but assure you, I would have had there been news).

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I have sent several emails trying to find the status and have not had any replies. Sebastian has been over to my place and we took the front end of my bike apart so he could get any and all measurements he needed to machine a set and I have not heard from him since. I understand that they need to produce their main products to keep the cash flowing and that this project isnot going to be something to retire from. I will try one more emailand let you all know.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I just replied to your email request to confirm return address. I will look for my 6 degree doner trees tobe shipped back to me in the next week or so. Too bad things did not work out better. Hopefully they have all the dimensions to release a product in the fallfor this coming x-mas and for people to install over winter.

Regards,

Tony

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I received a reply to my email from Stevethis Wednesday (the 23rd).

Hi Tim. I think he has all he needs. He will just want to send the first prototype to you to make 100% sure they are all good! We are cutting our HD trees now and your after them finally. Thanks a lot

Hopefully they will be finished cutting those and will send the prototype sometime soon.

Just wanted to let you guys know as much as I do about this. When (if)they arrive, I will try to take pictures and document the installation. We'll see anyway!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #413
I've attached below the reply from Steven Hammer, regarding the Triple Trees, more specifically, the fact that this issue/topic is currently not being actively pursued, from a forum perspective. I did tell Steven that he and I however, can keep personal channels open. Stevens response.......

Hello Mark. I have just spent the last hour talking with the corp. partners on this subject. We went over the time frame we have had the trees and why they have not been cut. We all did the blame game from 1 person to the next.. we had other jobs before these... we had 2 machines go down... and on and on.... but after the blame was all over we all agreed on the real reason they have not been cut. First off, we thought we could make them the same as we make our own with just a slight mod. here and there and use our same fixtures and designs from our running triple tree line. After getting the trees you sent we found right away that was not the case. We would have to totally make new fixtures and complete new programs. And the biggest issue would be shutting down 3 machines for 3 weeks or more to cut the fixtures and the prototype. The other jobs we have right now have all been paid in advance by the customers so they have always been put ahead of the Warrior trees. Mark, and all the other guys on the forum please know this... It really upsets me to the core when I cannot complete a project on time or ship and item for a customer when I say I will. My word and reputation of myself and our company is everything to me. But we as a company have been forced to decide who gets what first, and shutting down for 3-4 weeks right now would bankrupt us. We have do a lot of the work on these already, and will finish them whenever we have the extra time to stop them. But right now we must take the jobs that have paid upfront to keep our doors open. I am very sorry to all of you that have waited so long for these trees. I never meant to string anybody along and had the full intentions of cutting them months ago. Please try to understand our position at this time. And Mark, I know you guys bought the trees for us to see hands on, we would be happy to pay for them if you would like as they were bought on the idea we would be cutting them for you.

Sorry guys.....

Sincerely,

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
It sounds like they still want to do the trees, but won't be able to until most of the riding season is over. Based on the fact they'll have to completely retool for the Warrior trees I seriously doubt the pricing will be anything close to the original quote. We can only hope that if there is an increase, it will still be worth pursuing. I'm not sure I'd purchase trees that haven't been provenunles there is a significant savings.

then there's the other side of the process. Perhaps there will be such a demand for the Warrior trees that he'll be able to purchase a new machine or two to run them.

Who knows, by that time I may again be able to jump on board.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
artz9 said:
Still nothing from the jerks at Hammer ?

We are low priority rice it seems.Hurry up Hammer, Jesus is coming!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Is this issue dead? I'm ready to pull the trigger on 6 degree triple trees soon! I like this price better! LOL

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
dram06war said:
HCC REPLY --->
Selling price should be around the $300-$350 range in chrome, so 1/2 the price of the others.... thanks a lot

STEVEN HAMMER

Sorry I just noticed this.... **** YES!!!!! lol. I'd be in for a set of brushed or whatever's cheapest... they'll be black when I'm done with them

So.... without having to read 27 some pages.... are they 6 or 7 degree? I say more rake the better
I can definitely respect the man if he doesn't want to delay other projects. That's just good customer service, gotta think if you were the other group having something made and they suddenly put you 2nd on the list that'd piss ya off. I think he's for real, especially if he's offering to actually fork out that $600 for the trees. Anyway.... just hoping to keep this alive.

401 - 420 of 426 Posts