RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone! new guy here. i'm on a quest for th eperfect bike, and so far havent found it. about a year ago i tried out my first sportbike (honda CBR954rr) and i'm trading it in tomorrow for a steal on a new 2002 warrior. i've been snooping around this site for a few months now and doing some homework on it. finally afer 6 weeks of NO CALLS on selling my CBR i am taking a loss, and trading it in. thats about it. i'm off tomorrow, goin to pick up a check from my banker and heading off to the dealer on my CBR. "the last ride"

first thing on my list is pipes, and BOY does everyone have their own theories and what not..... i hate the look of the stock can, and have been back and forth on pipe ideas. i like'em loud, but not deafening. the samsons all look cool, but have read too many comments on bad quality, and NOISE. looks like other pipes like rineharts and the pro pipe, big shots...all gain power and with similar results. so i'll probably get the big shots. they look the best in my mind!

any suggestions on a good online place to go for all my chrome goodies? well thats about all for now, remember my name, cause i'll be askin lots of questions once i get this baby in my garage!

thanks everyone![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, dealers in general (at least around me) charge to much. i am hoping to find a good discount place online. i've found quite a few actually, but i'm looking to see who everyone is using, and how their experiences have been.

·
Registered
388 Posts
If the dealer won't give you atleast a 15% discount on stuff then don't order from them. There are many sites that have good prices. Some better than others. There are many many suggestions on here of good sites to shop. So look around. Also look at the replys posted here.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Welcome! I have D & G HardKrome sideburner on mine. I removed the sideburner and am just running the headers as drag pipes at this time it is loud and mean. The quality is excelent no blueing. When I first got mine Warrior I was like you get rid of the cannon but not to loud. Now I am like it can't get to loud. But that's just me. Hope you have lots of time on your hands cause your hobby will become an obsession.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Hi FNG, and welcome! Check out our site sponsors, as well as Phat Performancehttp://www.phatperformanceparts.com/merchant2/merchant.mv for pipes... There are many online places to get them, Phat's has pretty competitive prices and excellent CS, IMO. Pipes have more posts in this forum than pretty much anything else. There are plenty of posts of where to get them, and for how much. Enjoy! [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Look throught he gallery there is almost every pipe in there. Everyone in here does have an opinion on the pipes *L* Have fun

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hey, we were all the FNG once, WELCOME!! Atleast here the FNG doesn't get picked on[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow, great to get a nice welcome from all of you.

TxRoadWarrior- i had a suz intruder 1400 with straight pipes before my CBR and it was LOUD, and i loved it. sounded like a jake brake when i let off! my neighbors werent as thrilled. i do lOVE loud, but there is a point where loud turns into pain and ear bleed. but i want to not only leave some dust on the HD guys, i want them to hear me comming. (and leaving) i'm SO excited about this bike, i just might have to sit up and count the hours till the bank opens.

BTW darkstar- you had me SO lost trying to find this thread...i kept going back to the Gen topics thinking maybe it would be there next time i looked...hehe. finally i looked myself up on the member section and clicked on my ONly thread. lol

where would we be without such an awesome resource like this site?! look forward to getting to know you guys.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice to see someone replaced me as a FNG. Welcome. I was the last FNG I think.
Anyway, I went with the Rienharts for my pipes and wanted to mention for you not to forget the Fuel Injection module upgrade. I use a PCIII from Dyno Jet Tech. My bike showed a hugely noticable increase in Huah... I love em and when I idle past my one neighbors house he hears very little.
Enjoy your bike. I love mine[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
please tell me what the fuel injection module uprgade is... sounds like something i should know.

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Welcome!

You get great adjustability if you add a Powercomander III (3) to your setup. It enables a dyno shop to creat a custom map for your bike. That's the upgarde islandwarrior is refering to.

Have fun!

Oliver

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh.. i know all about the PCIII i thought he was talking about something else in addition. gotcha.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Congrats and Welcome, Audio. Here's a link for some chrome exchange. http://gallery.bcentral.com/Gallery/ProductListing.aspx?GID=4893358&Dept=230360 I'm not sure if anyone has used them. Search this site for a raging debate on Classic Chrome and Sport Chrome. Other than that, my advice would be to find someone local you can go visit and see their opperation. If something goes wrong, it's a lot easier to deal with, than cross-continent.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts