RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attention moderators-
I got an email from one of the " I will pay by check for my client and my courier will pick up the bike" scam contacts based on my ad here.
Not complaining about our site but if you could get the message to all of the members so no one gets burned, please. Body of email below for review.

thanks , Matt

To: [email protected]
Subject: INTERESTED IN YOUR BIKE ------$ 9,750.00
Part(s): Download All Attachments (in .zip file)
Headers: Show All Headers
Alternative parts for this section:
unnamed [text/html] 0.69 KB

Good Day seller,

I saw your advert at rswarrior. I am Scott. My client is interested in your bike. Kindly get back to me as soon as possible with the present condition and your final asking price that is, if it is still available for sale so that I can make the payment via check. I will arrange for the pick up through our agent whose assignments still have much to do over there. I await your urgent reply.

Best regards.

Scott

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Get the Check and when the currior arrives to pick it up hand him a $5.00 model of the bike..

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Why don't more people have the authorities waiting for these guys when they show up? If law enforcement put as much effort into this (which does impact everyday people) as they do on the "War on drugs" that just fills up prisons and doesn't have much of an impact on Joe Public, there'd be a lot less of it. It's theft pure and simple.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
We can't keep people from emailing you outside of this site, especially if you put your email address in your ad. If you leave it off, you will only be able to be contacted by members via PM or Email sent through rswarrior. But if you include contact info in your ad, you never know who will get in touch with you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CarKnee, Sangathor- I was not asking for the site to police these guys, I knew of my risk putting the email in the ad. I just wanted to get the word out to any of the other site members who might be geting 'hits' from these scumbags.

If i was single and did not have my wife and kids here - I would really enjoy playing some games with these gentlemen, you see down here in LA (lower Alabama) - well have you ever heard the Hank Williams Jr. song "country boy can survive"[}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif][B)][}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

I will edit my ad to remove the addy. Why the **** am I selling my bike anyway????????
thanks,Matt

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
I'm just curious. Why are you selling your Warrior after just 3 months?

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47883

This post indicated you had been looking for a while. Got it in early Feburary and now you are selling it?

Just wondering.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have been torn about the bike purchase from the start. I have five kids under twelve. We are home schooling our kids and if something happened to me it would be a bad situation. My Wife has 13 yrs in education and a masters degree in education, but if something happened io me either an injury or worse that caused her to have to go back into the workforce to support us - so I could have a motorcycle, pretty selfish of me. My sense of responsibility for my family is pushing me away from the bike. and then a few weeks back there were three motorcycle fatalities here in Baldwin county in a five day span! Add in all the other naysayers that are quick to tell you about such and such they knew who got killed and ruined his/her families life etc.

So the long and short of it is I am caving in to fear.

I love the bike and am no stranger to motorcycles having ridden them for years and I feel like I am a safe rider but it is the other guy we all worry about.

Anyway, more info than you wanted I bet, but i appreciate you asking.
-Matt

1 - 12 of 12 Posts