RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A place to share what you know, including membername and their contact info, and who they referred you to and their contact info if applicable, and their respective IP address and especially their PayPal or pay-to information. Plus describe what's going on.

Please don't post live links. Leave blank spaces and use usual trickery to communicate email addresses and websites that avoid live links.

Example:
Reporting a scam. Member 'exampleofaphuckhead' sent me a Conversation-PM referring me to 'anotherphuckhead' at email 'cheatingyou at dipshirt dot net. That person provided a pay-to of 'gimmeyourmoneydummy' at PayEnemy dot com.

Moderators will review these and will ban the buttheads as appropriate.

PLEASE ALWAYS REPORT THE NUTJOBS AND THEIR INFORMATION TO THE FORUM OR TO A MODERATOR IN ADDITION TO SHARING HERE.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Here is an example how how these scammer PM. And they’ll seem very legit sending needed pictures of what you’re looking for. But they will not accept PayPal because PayPal will almost always side with a buyer on bought goods and services to get your money back. So don’t trust these type of messages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wish I would seen this before hand, it appears I got scammed first time it's happened and will definitely be the last. I got a message from "johnbee333" about a part I was looking for and he referred me to someone who had it through Gmail "cvillchoppe" at gmail dot com, talked with him for a couple days and sent the money and haven't heard from since about shipping or any updates

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep that scam is everywhere, the only safe way to buy here is with transparency inside the ad thread placed here. And always use a known-safe payment method and walk-away at the first sign something is abnormal.

Anyone getting an unsolicited conversion-pm here that refers off-site should use the Report button plus send me a screenshot and post that screenshot here too. We need to get these people gone soon as able.

Thanks for posting this @seth142511 it's now being addressed as far as investigating, not much anyone can do to get your money back tho.

That member has been cleaned and banned. His IP is dirty, has many blacklist reports in other places around the world, looks possibly based in Nigeria but I didn't bother digging deeper. He has no public posts and was working his scam via Conversation-PM here. The only way to find him was for someone to report.

We are a team. Let's protect each other. People like this force us to question new members and to be suspicious. That sux. But new members should expect it, and welcome it, because it tells them that if they participate and become known, they will be protected by all of us too. Sometimes it important to display you are Family before becoming treated that way.

EVERYONE PLEASE REPORT!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah I knew my money was gone, I just wanted to make sure it was brought up I seen him post other places on the forum, every other transaction I had on here has been great with no issues

·
Registered
2006 RS Warrior 1700 Midnight
56 Posts
@seth142511 Sorry to hear about this. I think it would be cool if members chip in in attempt to help with loss when losers strike like in this situation. How exactly that would work, I’m not sure 🤔

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah it's rough when that stuff happens, I will admit it was 100% my fault I wasn't thinking at the time and the next day when I thought about it I figured out it was scam, first time for everything though

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@WarriorBKNY
@seth142511

Sorry. No. That results in many more scams to get free money. Those will be deleted when found or reported. If you personally want to help someone asking for help and you know them, like they have been PARTICIPATING for years around here, then do it on your own. It's rare but does happen.

Any other such activity that appears it might be a scam will be removed and the involved members who show IPv4 or IPv6 activity having blacklist history will be investigated and possibly will be given time-off or will be banned. It's that dangerous. Sorry.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts