RS Warrior Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
SCAM ALERT VIA CONVERSATION-PM

We don't yet know the member name that is doing the phishing because the Conversation-PM was deleted. All we know is that some filthy traitor referred one-of-us to: cvillchoppe at Gmail dot com.

If anyone else has seen this please post here who the member is that is phishing to that email address. Thanks.

·
Registered
2002 Roadstar Warrior 1700
81 Posts
Wish I would seen this before hand, it appears I got scammed first time it's happened and will definitely be the last. I got a message from "johnbee333" about a part I was looking for and he referred me to someone who had it through Gmail "cvillchoppe" at gmail dot com, talked with him for a couple days and sent the money and haven't heard from since about shipping or any updates
I too got refered to cvillchoppe. Didn’t send money though

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Okay it appears both of these cases were phished by the (lol) traitor johnbee333 who was erased a few days ago.

There are more out there by other replacement traitors (this is fun) who are referring this email and others for the same purpose. Let's shut 'em down.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Bumping this to the top. Please everyone help by participating and also by helping keep this on the top page of the new list. I'm going to post a reminder sentence every once in awhile. We need several dozen established members to help keep this in people's minds by bump. In a couple months I'll be doing other stuff and who knows how long it will take the Forum to train another Admin. I'm hoping they pick one of the other active Super Moderators. But all that takes time. I'm worried and need help reminding our members here to watch for scams and phishing by PM and to use REPORT in that PM plus to publish the PM and the membername and the email here so, as a tight group of friends, these things will not hurt anyone here. 😀

·
Super Moderator
5,868 Posts
Good idea, AZ! I'll definitely help with it and even make up a little graphic/tutorial. ;)
You have been a big help random_guy alerting us to recent spam, i appreciate it, thanks. I am paying a lot more attention here lately due to the uptick in spammers.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts