RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took off the rear wheel and scratch the clear coat up pretty good agenst the brake. Can I wet sand it or anything to hide scratch? It is deeper than wax will hide.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
1st is to make sure you did not cut all the way through if you did bring it to a paint shop. If not I would not wet sand you just that area it will in the end show up. 1st got to the paint store and get some wax remover, then use a polishing compound on the whole rim so that you don't have 1 shinny spot, after the scratch is no longer visably wax the rim w/ a good carnuba wax.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I did the same thing. Found out the hard way it is easier to just yank the caliper off. Let me know what you do to get it out so I will know when I do the same.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Same thing happened to we except a nimrod at a Yamaha dealer did it. Have a new rim waiting to be picked up.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Duct tape Duct tape Duct tape.

or pull the bloody caliper off.

Next time you pull the wheel off for a new tire, have the tire removed then take the rim to a local paint shop. See if they will clear that part of the rim for you next time they are doing someone else's car or something. Might be able to get it done for nothin' if your nice enough.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts