RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The site will be down tomorrow morning at roughly 10am EST. It should not be down long (30 minutes tops), however, there may be problems throughout the day.

The site is being moved to a new server. While I have tested it and it appears to be set properly, it is possible that some settings are not correct. If you experience any problems with the site tomorrow please let me know in this thread only.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
8AM EST:
Image uploading for the forum and gallery has been disabled until the site is running on the new server.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Everything is looking pretty good!
If you have any problems please report them here

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
I'm getting timeout responses as the pages load.. and they seem to load much slower than normal..
Using Mozilla FF, V 2.0 access via RR Broadband cable.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
quote:Originally posted by RRUFAST

I'm getting timeout responses as the pages load.. and they seem to load much slower than normal..
Using Mozilla FF, V 2.0 access via RR Broadband cable.

Are you still having them?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Hi Sean when clicking on a site sponsor this is what i get.

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Just a report to let you know everything seems to be fine. Before the server upgrade I would get a message with the rswarrior logo that said "image cannot be displayed". I would get that message about 50% of the time while attempting to open a gallery. Since the upgrade I have not gotten that message.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Sean..
Now I get this when going to Private Messages

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005'

Timeout expired

/forums/inc_func_secure.asp, line 49

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
quote:Originally posted by RRUFAST

Sean..
Now I get this when going to Private Messages

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005'

Timeout expired

/forums/inc_func_secure.asp, line 49

That error is with the database server, which I dont have control of (yet). It should be ok now, it was probably just overloaded at that time. The database will be moving to the new server as well and that should not be an issue at all anymore.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
I just loaded the PM page at 11:33 PM EST and it loaded up fine. The last several times I've tried, it's given the same error message that I posted before..

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The PM page has MANY database queries and if you have a lot of PM's that could be the issue. How many PM's do you have in your inbox/outbox? try some housecleaning if the number is 10+.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts