RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought long and hard about replacing the battery, got quite good life, 6 almost 7 years, from the original GT14B-4 Yuasa. Never failed to start my Warrior, not once in many years of constant use. Probably 10,000 starts as I ride the Warrior often. Believe me, you do not want to be stranded in the desert or on top of an isolated mountain top so this means a lot.

But the cranking was fading fast in the cooler weather. So time to make a move, it can sometimes fall into the 50's early in the morning before heating up here in the winter. Even into the high 40's 2-3 times in a year so better be prepared.

Ordered a Scorpion YT14B-4 from Batterystuff.com, $74 shipped to my house. Shipping included in price.:D

Batterystuff.com quickly processed the order and I had the battery at my home in 3 business days. Good packaging, USPS shipping, shipping tracker provided and all was done well and professionally.:)

The battery seems to work fine. I skipped the LiOn route for relative high cost, the absorbed Glass Mat technology has always served me well and is bullet proof and AGM by design has very low self-discharge rate. I do not care about the low battery weight with the LiOn batteries, seems like a high cost to save a little weight IMO. But to each their own.

Started the Warrior right up with acceptable cranking power with the Scorpion. I will let everybody know if the battery does something strange like take an early dump.:eek:

If I get 4 years or more out of the battery I will be very happy.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Old school Everstart E20S 310 cca at $81.00 in stock at wal mart.
How long it lasts? we don't know yet.
I always thought the warriors I heard including mine started slowly...that is not the case anymore. Sounds like a different bike starting.
-CS

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Sorry to resurrect this, but I'm glad to find some positive statements about the Scorpion battery. I ordered one tonight. The low price, and claimed performance steered me in the decision to order. BatteryStuff.com is Google recommended, and the BBB gives them an "A" as well.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
i was for sure going to go lithium when the time came but i couldn't do it. maybe next time the prices will be down a bit. hopefully in about 5-6 years. so i also ordered this. 74 bucks and 30 cca's over stock at 240. not great but better than 210. if it ever gets above freezing and the wind drops below 400 MPH i'll get it installed and update. it's gonna pair up nicely with my new and better cables i got from mikeolmt last year.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,823 Posts
....... Ordered a Scorpion YT14B-4 from Batterystuff.com, $74 shipped to my house. Shipping included in price.:D
........... If I get 4 years or more out of the battery I will be very happy.
I purchased this same battery from them and have had it installed in my Warrior since the 1st week of June 2010. Also use a battery tender during the long winter months .... it was $66.00 landed back then :)

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
i finally put this battery in. it fits right in and spins the motor way faster than the old 210 cca battery i had. it starts faster than it ever has. so much so, that nobody should be asking "what's wrong with your bike" anymore. now let's see if it lasts.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
I've been running Scorpion batteries in my Nighthawks and they have consistently outperformed any other battery I've used . I doubt I'd buy something else including the new lithiums'. Typical yuasa battery life is 2 years with a maintainer and scorpions go 4+ before I swap for new .
Next season I'll swap one in my Warrior.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I'm not even sure what battery I have in my 07. Still the same one since I purchased the bike in 2011. I use a tender when I know I'm not gonna be on it for a few days, which isn't often at all. I'll probably plug it in when I get back home on Monday, or maybe wait till Tuesday night to plug it in. But still, almost 4 yrs for me and it hasn't failed yet, so far.

·
Registered
787 Posts
It finally happened...

Old school Everstart E20S 310 cca at $81.00 in stock at wal mart.
How long it lasts? we don't know yet.
I always thought the warriors I heard including mine started slowly...that is not the case anymore. Sounds like a different bike starting.
-CS
^^^Anyone else using this battery? What are your thoughts??? My factory battery finally died this morning. It has been gradually getting worse and this cold snap put it out of it's misery. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I bought this exact battery YT14B-4 Scorpion 12v 240 CCA from BatteryStuff on Oct 2016 for $72.98.

I was cruising about 30 mph when I notice a lose in power. The check engine light lit and then all electrical power went out.

I pushed her home. Plugging in the battery tender doesn't register. I checked the fuses, but they were all good.

I pulled out the battery to do a static voltage test. My multimeter reads 0.00 and then I wiggle the (+) terminal and it reads 13.25 volts.

This probably explains why I had no problem starting, but then it just cut out on me in the middle of the ride.

I'm waiting on Batterystuff to respond to my warranty question.

Update: They shipped me a new battery after I paid for shipping. Pretty good company, but I would stick with Yuasa.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
I’m glad they warranteed their battery for you, sounds like good customer service. How’s the new battery holding up ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts