RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man am I pissed. Granted it's not a disaster but it looks bad, at least to me. Okay, I admit it, I #%$^ed up... I have been riding around on my Warrior for almost a year now and I literally just noticed what I've done to the top surface of my triple fork...It appears that the "extra" stuff I keep on my key ring (actually just a quick connect for the rest of my keys and a Kryptonite Lock key I use when I park at work) have been ratting around enough to scratch the plastic coating away and eat a bit of the metal...Anyone else do this this on their Warrior and does anyone have any suggestions on a decent fix other then just rubbing out the sctatches and re-coating. Any ideas on a durable cover for this area? Thanks, your scratched down trotten pal, eric

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I did that once on a bike. Now all I have is my key and a Leather key ring. The ring is there because I dropped my key once on my Virago and it took me a 1/2 an hour to get it out of the bike. Clear coat is tricky to do (so I hear). Sorry I can't help.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Yep. It is one of those learning things. I just have my warrior key and then I keep all my other keys seperate. A rubber or leather rob would be ok though if you needed something so you didn't loose it. Sometimes I just use an orange ziptie on the key so I can spot it easily if I lay it on the coffee table.

Sorry to hear about it.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
I've been keeping my motorcycle key by itself since the olden days. And I havn't lost one yet. Yes I'm knocking on wood (my head).

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Rhino hide, the tile matting stuff? Do you have any pics I can see? Really curious as to what the matting looks like up there. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Jimboman,
Don't know about tile matting stuff. 3M makes a specialized product for the front edge of airliner wings to keep the leading edge from getting stone dings. It's a clear adhesive sheet of plastic, cuttable to size.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I noticed the same thing, so I went to a local motocross shop and bought some thick carbon fiber looking airbox decals. I just cut a piece out and stuck it down. The ones I got were for a Suzuki RMsomthing and were in a closeout sale for $1.99. It looks pretty cool and is nice and thick. I have plenty of extra, drop me a PM with your address and I will drop a piece in a envelope & mail it to ya.

Good Luck, WT

1 - 12 of 12 Posts