RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a way to fix these scratches? The first one is just below the ignition switch and the second is on the fendor bracket. Yeah so I wasn't extremely bright when I first started riding and had a metal key fob. While I'm writing does anyone know of some good detailing tips? I'm pretty OCD about keeping my car washed and waxed and pretty, but I never realized how hard was to detail a bike until I tried the first time.... wow!

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Looks like you went down to the base metal on both. You could try to touch up the rear fender stays or polish them. I don't know if you can get the black bracket off the tach to repaint it or not. Last solution is to keep riding and not worry about either of them as you will get more marks over time. I would say that I have some great detailing tips, but I have never given my bike a complete wash and wax. I usually wipe it down and ride. I like to see how much dirt I can get on the oil filter between changes.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I have the same problem near the ignition from the previous owner. You could try touching them up with a toothpick and some flat black paint. I tried the sharpie and it just doesn't look right. I am going to give the toothpick method a try when I get some free time.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Those scratches look pretty bad, and there isn't really any good way to fix them flawless without repainting. If it was me I'd just use touch up paint. As far as detailing tips I think I have a few good ones.

Get one of those Mr. Clean auto dry systems. I've seen them everywhere from Wallmart to a couple different grocery stores. You can get it anywhere. I dont use it for the auto dry feature though because it doesn't work as well as advertised. But one thing I do like about this product is that it sprays a mixture of soap and water out of the nozzle. So you can spray the whole bike down with soapy water. Even in places that you can reach with a rag. I've found that it leaves every inch of the bike sparking clean.

I also highly reccommend using a polish called ICE. It's easy to apply and remove. They even reccommend that you put it on in direct sunlight! It leaves your paintjob looking so deep and smooth, you'll want to stick a spoon in it and try to eat it.

As far as chrome goes I like mothers chrome polish. I've found that after a bike wash, it's almost impossible to towel dry everything on the engine. So what I do is take it for a quick 10 minute right down the highway and back to blow all the extra water out. When I get back home, I let it cool off, then start with the chrome polish. Any water spots left over from not towel drying will be taking care of during the polishing and buffing. I would reccomend towel drying what you can before you take it for that ride though. Just makes it easier.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
There was a thread a while back about the black color match for the frame and other black parts. I used this process for a while before I just ordered a can of the Color Rite matching black. The process was something like this. Youll need some flat black and some metallic black. Spray a good coat of the flat on covering the entire surface and before it drysimmediatly follow it with a light dusting of the metallic and before that drys lightly dust it again with the flat. It is the closest Ive seen to a good match for the frame black. Or you could just order the paint from Color Rite.

http://www.colorrite.com/matrix-colors.cfm?CFID=216969&CFTOKEN=50257164

1 - 6 of 6 Posts