RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to put the eibach 1k spring in my 02 and would rather couple it with the newer adjustable shock. Anyone have one for sale?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out

Also, does anyone have a spring compressor that they don't want anymore? Can't imagine you use it much more than once. The Barons one went up to $50 and I don't need it new.

·
Administrator
29,696 Posts
You won't need a spring compressor. When you unbolt the spring there is hardly any spring pressure left - removes almost all preload. It sorta 'blips' apart with no pressure. When you install the Eibach, because its a hint shorter, it threads right on with no compression needed at all. Remember to measure your shock length so you can re-adjust to the same length. Also, there's a ton of ink on this mod. You can do a SEARCH for Eibach, or look in Popular Mods under SUSPENSION for links.

HercuLean said:
Thanks, I'll keep an eye outAlso, does anyone have a spring compressor that they don't want anymore? Can't imagine you use it much more than once. The Barons one went up to $50 and I don't need it new.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Arizona Warrior said:
You won't need a spring compressor. When you unbolt the spring there is hardly any spring pressure left - removes almost all preload. It sorta 'blips' apart with no pressure. When you install the Eibach, because its a hint shorter, it threads right on with no compression needed at all. Remember to measure your shock length so you can re-adjust to the same length. Also, there's a ton of ink on this mod. You can do a SEARCH for Eibach, or look in Popular Mods under SUSPENSION for links.

HercuLean said:
Thanks, I'll keep an eye outAlso, does anyone have a spring compressor that they don't want anymore? Can't imagine you use it much more than once. The Barons one went up to $50 and I don't need it new.
I saw that someone had mentioned a spring compressor is not necessary. Me being the "just try it" type, I went right out to the garage and attempted to get it apart. I threaded the locknut and preload nut all the way out until they were bottomed out on the shock mount and there was still considerable pressure on it. Am I missing something, or doesn't the spring need to have enough slack to slip the holder plate down and over the shock shaft (through the slit in the holder plate) in order to come apart?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FYI, a standard coil spring compressor works just fine for this swap. Just have to use a screwdriver like so.

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
HercuLean said:
I saw that someone had mentioned a spring compressor is not necessary. Me being the "just try it" type, I went right out to the garage and attempted to get it apart. I threaded the locknut and preload nut all the way out until they were bottomed out on the shock mount and there was still considerable pressure on it. Am I missing something, or doesn't the spring need to have enough slack to slip the holder plate down and over the shock shaft (through the slit in the holder plate) in order to come apart?
HercuLean .... the previous info provided for the spring removalis not applicable for the '2002' Warrior model year. You'll need to compress the spring as you stated because of the different construction.

Here's an excellent photo break down of the '02' Spring Assy by the famous REHORSE:http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/21500/330619.aspx#330619and also a later one here:http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/15941/103320.aspx#103320where spring compressors are req'd!

If you are planning onR&R'ing the earlier mono-shock there is no need to disassemble the current assy but i'm sure you're aware of that....

If interested, my R&R with stretched links & Eibach 1000# : http://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157602604621489/show/

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Check e-bay.Make sure it is one with the adjustable preload.I purcased one a wile back from a 03 that ended up not having the adj preload.I recently purchased one from an 07 with the 1000 lbs eibach for $70.00. The deals are out there just have to wait.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I'm not that patient. I installed the old shock with the new spring and it is much better than before. Incremental improvement is good enough for me. Plus it leaves something to upgrade in the future :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts