RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Warrior riders.

I hope there's someone out there that can help me out getting the zero map file for the Power Commander 3 serial version.

I bought my 2004 Warrior two months ago and it came with the Power Commander 3 serial version. I recently installed the Vbak together with the AIS Blackoff plates and in combination with the Vance & Hines big shots i was trying to get a custom map fpr the PC3 serial but after searching for hours on the internet i can't find it anywhere.

Is there anyone in this forum that has the zero map for me or even better the "badger" map that contains Vbak, AIS Blockoff and Vance & Hines big shots?

Any help would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you

Thank you very much this will be very helpfull :)

Unfortunately i can't test it right away my bike is in the garage but i will give it a shot this weekend.

By any chance these are the correct files allready for the Vbak, AIS Blockoff plates and Vance and Hines big shots?

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
By any chance these are the correct files allready for the Vbak, AIS Blockoff plates and Vance and Hines big shots?
yes Marleymania, these PC3 serial maps are from two different Warriors, from 2 different parts of the world, set-up with V&H Bigshots exhaust, AIS block-off and Churchkey's V-BAK. Try M403-MATKC's map first, take it out for a blast and test for 20 minutes or so, see how it feels throughout the rev range and throttle positions then load the M403-JARV map and do the same then see how that feels.
I have done this a good few times in the past to my old 03 Warrior and just last week to my new 05 Warrior, not with those specific maps as my set-up has the BAK not the V-BAK.
Good luck.

If you have any problems just PM me....

Gav.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maps worked perfectly :)

Thanks to you guys my bike runs very smooth now. What a big difference between the M403-MATKC and M403-JARV map.

With the M403-MATKC my bike performed really bad especially in the low ranges. When i loaded the M403-JARV map it was 100% better and i was allready satisfied but still wanted to test the badger map from last post and i think this one is even a little bit better.

For now i will leave the power commander in his current map state but i may test soms other values as well in the future.

Thanks a lot guys for your help without it i probably had bought a new Power Commander....

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a similar setup with my 05 Warrior I just purchased. PC III serial with the same mods, I'm going to try these maps as well. Did the M403-JARV work the best on your bike?

·
Registered
18 Posts
This is the one I was using before flashing the ECU

It's Badger's map modified to better fit with the V&H Quiet Baffles
Hello Snowboy,
I am wondering if you could send me the map through drop box as well.
I am running
Barons BAK, block offs
Vance and Hines Big shots with quiet baffles
I have a PCIII serial
and I'm using the old PCIII software with a usb to serial cable.
I tried the PCIIIUSB software but wont connect, so I guess im stuck with the old software.
Any idea how I can see the map that's in it now ?
thanks

·
Registered
747 Posts
Hello Snowboy,
I have a PCIII serial
and I'm using the old PCIII software with a usb to serial cable.
I tried the PCIIIUSB software but wont connect, so I guess im stuck with the old software.
Any idea how I can see the map that's in it now ?
thanks
If you have a PCIII (serial) then you have to use the PCIII software. it does not work with PC3USB software just because you are using a serial to USB interface.

Additionally, serial to USB interfaces are notoriously terrible. If you cannot communicate using the serial software, it could well be your USB to serial interface not playing well with the comms.

There is also a slight chance that even if you had a serial interface card in your PC you might not be able to communicate. The serial device is an old generation unit and the serial port pins in the Power Commander can corrode and make poor contact over time. I had a dealership bring me two bikes that were too corroded to establish comms in recent years. They were hoping that since I had dedicated serial ports, maybe i could make the magic happen.

If you can find someone with a PC or laptop with a serial port, I would suggest testing with that first. Then if it works you can make the choice of exploring the options of installing a serial com board into a PC for using this Power Commander or upgrading to a PCV.

Good luck with the trouble shooting. The device itself is good (way better than the PCII - IMHO), but it is getting old so converters and corrosion are your enemies in this case.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you have a PCIII (serial) then you have to use the PCIII software. it does not work with PC3USB software just because you are using a serial to USB interface.

Additionally, serial to USB interfaces are notoriously terrible. If you cannot communicate using the serial software, it could well be your USB to serial interface not playing well with the comms.

There is also a slight chance that even if you had a serial interface card in your PC you might not be able to communicate. The serial device is an old generation unit and the serial port pins in the Power Commander can corrode and make poor contact over time. I had a dealership bring me two bikes that were too corroded to establish comms in recent years. They were hoping that since I had dedicated serial ports, maybe i could make the magic happen.

If you can find someone with a PC or laptop with a serial port, I would suggest testing with that first. Then if it works you can make the choice of exploring the options of installing a serial com board into a PC for using this Power Commander or upgrading to a PCV.

Good luck with the trouble shooting. The device itself is good (way better than the PCII - IMHO), but it is getting old so converters and corrosion are your enemies in this case.

Thanks for the input....:)
I did some research on USB to serial cables, cause the first one I bought didn't work, I found out that the chip inside makes a world of difference between certain cables.
Anyhow I found a review article on USB 2 SERIAL cables and found the proper one that works, and it did after ordering it.
If you purchase a cable make sure you have a FTDI chip inside, it allows many different drivers to run the USB 2 SERIAL cable in Many different operating systems such as Win XP, Win Vista,Win 7, Win 8, Win 10.

Good Times!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts