RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let people know that I have found a donation link for this site. Found under LINK(at the top of page), then at the bottom you will see DONATE. Just wanted to spread the word because I think Carknee has done a great job with this site, and I am sure he puts a lot of PERSONAL time and effort into keeping our warrior site up and running smoothly.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Thanks Randy and Bill.

I just want everyone to know that this site is 100% free for members, and this is totally optional!

However, you do get a cool icon under your name! [8D]

CarKnee

·
Registered
717 Posts
quote:Originally posted by randyd

Just to let people know that I have found a donation link for this site. Found under LINK(at the top of page), then at the bottom you will see DONATE. Just wanted to spread the word because I think Carknee has done a great job with this site, and I am sure he puts a lot of PERSONAL time and effort into keeping our warrior site up and running smoothly.

Thanks randyd for bringing this up. We have had a long conversation with CarKnee and he is insisting to keep the forum free of charge. At the same time, he is paying out of his pocket to the hosting company.

With more members, we are using more and more bandwidth and the charges go up every months. The hosting companies give you certain number of gigabytes as part of the service but charge you for the excess usage.

I realize that CarKnee doesn't want to charge for the membership but he shouldn't be paying out of his pocket either, plus all the time and efforts he is personally putting into the forum.

I strongly urge that all members to pitch in and donate whatever they can to keep the forum going and eliminate the need for having membership fee.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Thanks randyd for bringing this up. We have had a long conversation with CarKnee and he is insisting to keep the forum free of charge. At the same time, he is paying out of his pocket to the hosting company.

With more members, we are using more and more bandwidth and the charges go up every months. The hosting companies give you certain number of gigabytes as part of the service but charge you for the excess usage.

I realize that CarKnee doesn't want to charge for the membership but he shouldn't be paying out of his pocket either, plus all the time and efforts he is personally putting into the forum.

I strongly urge that all members to pitch in and donate whatever they can to keep the forum going and eliminate the need for having membership fee.

I would like to try and avoid membership due's myself, but as GeeStar has mentioned it cost money to run this site. Carknee is paying directly out of his own pocket to support this great site we all share. Donation is a great way to raise the $$$ to cover this site for a long time.

Ed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts