RS Warrior Forum banner

Seat availability

1K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  PeterSik 
#1 ·
Hey all..

Just wondering what seats are still available for our monsters as i'm currently looking for a solo seat.
I've only found Corbin seats still available new for our bikes and after a lot of searching lots of seats where it isn't clear whether they'll only fit the normal roadstar or ours as well and some where i can't seem to find recent listings.

So this thread is intended to kinda generate a list of what's currently available.

It may also be good to know if it's possible to adapt seats not meant for our bikes to fit easily.

#4 ·
And besides that there weren't many companies chomping at the bit to go out and mass produce anything. Best bet is to get an old seat pan and build it up the way you want with various layers of memory foam of different densities so it acts like a progressive spring.

#5 ·
If the seat fits a normal road star then it does not fit the Warrior.

Do a web search for motorcycle seats or for yamaha motorcycle seats and note what manufacturers come up. Then search each of the manufacturer's websites.

#6 ·
I did that search and came out empty exept for Corbin which is why i started this thread, for others may well have seen something i have missed. mainly so that people who start looking for a new seat don't have to waste hours or days doing this research. (b-sides.. even some manufacturers get it wrong sometimes)

#7 ·
I plan to make my own and as low as possible.
The cardboard template is almost done, some details to re-shape, not to damage something or press to hard ...... basis from laminated wood covered with metal sheet. Mini layer of foam covered with leather ..... I want to keep the original lock mechanism ..... back seat will be substituted by a luggage rack, which came with the bike ...... hope to manage, as I am not that "technician". Will not cost a lot and does not keep the beast away from the road.

#9 ·
I plan to make my own and as low as possible.
The cardboard template is almost done, some details to re-shape, not to damage something or press to hard ...... basis from laminated wood covered with metal sheet. Mini layer of foam covered with leather ..... I want to keep the original lock mechanism ..... back seat will be substituted by a luggage rack, which came with the bike ...... hope to manage, as I am not that "technician". Will not cost a lot and does not keep the beast away from the road.
Hi Thommy,

Fancy making another one of those? or sell me the stock seat if you're no longer using it?

#11 ·
one thing I have noticed about the corbin and I believe it is called the california solo seat is that if you do not run it with a passenger pad the bracket at the rear of the seat is quite noticeable at least for the 02/03 model.

#12 ·
the Hollywood solo? i think i've heard that before about Corbin seats in general.. but you can have them without the backrest bracket i think.. not sure will have t do some research on that.. as that is my preferred model, just looks the "cleanest" with our bikes

#13 ·
As my new tins are off an 03 I thought I’d check out the mounting if I decided to reuse my biscuit seat. The rear bracket for it does show to the world. On the 05 it was hidden. I was not able to keep my 05 bracket for obvious reasons so for me if I couldn’t get another 05 bracket I would have to modify the rear tongue of the seat so that it can be connected to the rear fender.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.