RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple years ago my brother stretched my tank, we cut the seat pan to fit the tank, but we never could get the seat cover to look good. Since then ive been running one of those furry car seat covers on my seat so it matches the tank and covers up the bad looking stock cover we fitted on. I posted some pics of it at the time and the opinons weren't favorable LOL. I'm finally ready for a professional seat job.

Its just going to be black vinyl or leather, but I was thinking about going with some orange stitching to match my bike. I've got some pics in my gallery of the stock seat cover on there in all black so you can imgagine some orange stitching on there. Looking for opinons on whether to go with the orange stitching for a more custom lookor just do black and have it over with??

Edited to add link to orginal thread from about 4 years ago for your entertainment haha

One pic is still up that you can kinda see the furry seat.

http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/12807.aspx?PageIndex=1

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I went with dark red stitching (on black leather) on the first seat I had made for my black cherry Warrior hoping it would match the bike as well as the dark red snakeskin inlays but it didn't really work. I don't think the problem was the colored stiching so much as the inlay part just didn't work and the color was off. You can't go wrong with black and if you want to givethe stitchinga custom look do something unique with the design instead maybe. If you do go withorange it can add a nice noticeable detail but make really sure the color matches real well or it will just stand out in a bad way.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Marco Polo said:
If you do go withorange it can add a nice noticeable detail but make really sure the color matches real well or it will just stand out in a bad way.

Thats what i would be worried about. The orange not being a perfect match or having it look tacky. Im leaning towards just black stitching, but figured i'd gather some input.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Personally I like colored stitching on all black bikes, like the red stitching on the new VMAX. It looks very cool, and adds a subtle hint of color. I would go with black stitching on your bike, but absolutely anything is an improvement over the fuzzy grey cover.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey Bro!

Ive had several types of seats on bikes over the years. One was ALL black but with an ostrich panel for contrast. Another had a tribal design stiched in a blue to match a paint job. I was worried about the color match myself so i went to a custom embroidery place(patchs, monograms,etc.) and they had about a bizzilion different shades to choose from. I found an exact match and it looked greta. Just a small accent without being overboard or tacky.

Terry

·
Registered
100 Posts
This might be as good a spot as any to ask if anyone knows what type or where I could get the material like what's on the new V-max seat?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Against the little guy in my head that wanted to play it safe and get the black stitching,I picked out a color that we thought matched my paint and I am having them use that.

It should be done by the end of next week. I'll post up some pics when I get it back.

One of a couple thingscould happen...

1. It'll match and look good, all will be well

2. It will not match or not look good, and ill get it redone in black

3. It won't match and i'll use it anyway and tell peolpe *** you when they point it out

4. It wont match and ill use it this season cause I wont want to pay the $$ to have it done again right now, and give it another try next winter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts