RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has done anything with the seat lock on the left side cover. IMO it's kind of an eye-sore. I took the lock off and covered the hole (for now) with a black plastic grommet. It's very hard to see from more than a couple feet away. I tucked the lock cable behind my fuel line, soI have easy access to it when i want to remove the seat. A quick tug and it pops the latch.

·
Registered
670 Posts
It's never even crossed my mind. Personally I think I'll just leave it as is. Almost every bike out there has a seat lock. I don't really see it as a eyesore. It's so small that you don't even see it unless your looking for it.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
It's never bothered me but I have noticed it when looking at the bike before. Seems like they could have made it black fairly easy but I don't think they figured people would pick that nit.

·
Administrator
30,368 Posts
I'd see the black plug and think someone bought the cheap model and it didn't come with . . . something . . . I think if it bothered me I would take it out and paint it black or maybe have the face powercoated like Tomasa did to his bars. A plastic plug isn't my style LOL.

·
Registered
670 Posts
+1 a black plug makes it look like somethings missing

Arizona Warrior said:
I'd see the black plug and think someone bought the cheap model and it didn't come with . . . something . . . I think if it bothered me I would take it out and paint it black or maybe have the face powercoated like Tomasa did to his bars. A plastic plug isn't my style LOL.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Arizona Warrior said:

Yep, I agree, the plastic plug is not a long term solution, I intend to get my bike painted this winter, including the side covers. When i do, i'll have the hole filled. In the mean time, the few people who have seen it said it looks ok...better than with the lock.

What does everyone do with the holes in the rear fender when the passenger seat is removed? Right now i have plugs in those too...

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Scott Dailey said:
Arizona Warrior said:
I'd see the black plug and think someone bought the cheap model and it didn't come with . . .  something . . . I think if it bothered me I would take it out and paint it black or maybe have the face powercoated like Tomasa did to his bars.  A plastic plug isn't my style LOL.

Yep, I agree, the plastic plug is not a long term solution, I intend to get my bike painted this winter, including the side covers. When i do, i'll have the hole filled. In the mean time, the few people who have seen it said it looks ok...better than with the lock.

What does everyone do with the holes in the rear fender when the passenger seat is removed? Right now i have plugs in those too...
I went to Ace hardware and bought some chrome allen head screws. I agree with others and paint the seat lock. When you paint your side covers i would paint the lock the same color.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
how about a bullet hole sticker on top off the lock with a slit cut in it for the key? maybe it will give you that "outlaw" look? can anyone say "gangsta warrior"

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I had my covers painted to match the tins....check my gallery. I've also bought chrome button caps from Murrays to cover the pillion holes. Looks great.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I never thought about it looking out of place.I am thinking of painting my side covers to match.I might paint the lock also.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I just looked at your gallery, seen that your from Michigan and work at a nuclear power plant.....any chance you're from down river? There's a excellent painter in the Monroe area that a lot of members have used including myself. If interested PM me. Or go to www.ebycustoms.com.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Paint job looks great!

Murrays? Is that a local store or internet site?

Where at in Mi? I'm in Coloma (southwestern)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
southboundchicken said:
how about a bullet hole sticker on top off the lock with a slit cut in it for the key? maybe it will give you that "outlaw" look? can anyone say "gangsta warrior"

Never thought about that! Or one better, instead of the sticker, maybe i can just shoot my bike a couple of times to get the look? I'll need some help from everyone to tell me where i can shoot my bike without causing irrepairable damage, but stillallow a nice looking bullet hole. No, wait, i think i lost track of what i was trying to accomplish....

·
Registered
297 Posts
+1

Scoper50 said:
It's never even crossed my mind. Personally I think I'll just leave it as is. Almost every bike out there has a seat lock. I don't really see it as a eyesore. It's so small that you don't even see it unless your looking for it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts