RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTF! I just talked to Mustang. They don't make, and don't plan on making, seats for the '08 Warrior!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I called Corbin, they make them, but, nothing like the style of the Mustang. The Mustang rep said using a seat made for an earlier model won't work! This friggin' sucks! LOL. I finally decide, and now this! Any other options for seat manufactures? Ruckus

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Marco Polo said:
What changed on the '08 that he's saying made it different? I thought all 04-08 seats fit the same still.
Nope, at least that's what the Mustang rep (online chat with "Ike") said. They won't fit. Ruckus

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wanted the seat/low sissy bar look to keep the lines. But, now I think the Rumble seat is my best option. I don't really car for the looks, but my wife needs to be cumfy as well! Ruckus

·
Premium Member
8,959 Posts
Marco Polo said:
What changed on the '08 that he's saying made it different? I thought all 04-08 seats fit the same still.
As far as i know, Mustang never made a seat for '04' & >

If you like their seat that much just drill a couple of 8mm holes through the fender & inner fender for the rear tab. You can use use snap in hole plugs for the later holes!

A&W is a saleman/spokesman for them so maybe he will chime in and correct me

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AlanH said:
Marco Polo said:

If you like their seat that much just drill a couple of 8mm holes through the fender & inner fender for the rear tab. You can use use snap in hole plugs for the later holes!

A&W is a saleman/spokesman for them so maybe he will chime in and correct me
So I could just relocate the rear tab? Ruckus

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
AlanH said:

Ah, ok. Ifigured they had a model for the newer years and were claiming '08 specifically was somehow different then the other newer year models.

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
I don't know much on this topic but...

Couldn't you just take the Hardware from the stock seat and drill the Mustang Seat and installthe stock hardaware?

Is this even possible? or are the seat pans that different from the stock seat?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, last of my pain in the ass questions! You've all been great by the way, very helpful! IF, I go with a 2 up seat like the Rumble or a sporty seat with a back rest, being that I have the *** lowered and a 240 kit, do I need a different spring? My wife is not heavy at all, but, don't wanna rub the back tire riding 2 up. Ruckus

·
Vendor
7,301 Posts
Well, Im a big boi. My wife is no waif. We ride two up on the stock spring just fine and have only bottomed out 3-4 times on BIG dips or bumps. Together we are well over Yammi's recommended load but we have had little problems so far. Some guys have gone up to the 1000 spring (Less than $100) but IMO I would try riding without it first. "IF" you have bottoming out isues then worry about the spring. It will make the ride much stiffer and you may not like it is my point.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,711 Posts
As Alan said there are several members who have successfully modified the Mustang '02-'03 seat for '04+ and its amazingly simple, however you want to be sure you do it right without confusion between examples of how to accomplish it. Here's one example post. You should do a search too.

Seat - '02 '03 Modified for '04+: http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/3288.aspx(suggest PM this member w/questions)

BTW the seat pans are the same. Its not a great idea to try relocating the latch hardware on the seat pan, its embedded.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,711 Posts
Alex said the seat mod is still perfect after all this time.

Hi, Yup, still riding the Warrior. Don't get out as much as I would like because of work but I do take it out whenever possible. Mustang seat is holding up perfectly. Very comfy. Haven't had any issues with the bracket mod. Seat still fits nice and tight with no side to side play in it. Still think it looks great with the stock pillion. One other thing I really like is the added benefit of the support I get from the seat. It really holds me in place while moving fast (and thats not even with the backrest). I don't feel like I'm going to fly off the back and I feel less fatigue because of it. I got mine off ebay for a decent price, if I recall correctly. I would recommend it if you don't already have one. Alex raven6869

1 - 14 of 14 Posts