RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
I believe 02 and 03 seats are different design. Tried a Mustang aftermarket on my 04 Warrior and would not work,completely different. Believe 04 on up are same.

·
Administrator
29,703 Posts
You really need to look in the Popular Mods post (in the Technical forum) because if you look under the heading SEATS you will find the answers you both need. The mod to fit a Mustang seat (made for '02 '03) to an '04+ Warrior is so simple even a caveman can do it. There are also discussions with pictures showing how to swap stock Warrior seats.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was reading through those posts, and I am not sure my question is answered. I am specifically looking into installing the Yamaha comfort cruise rider seat from an 02-03 on my '08. I don't see this tab to shave down.

What am I missing?

I guess I'll take my seat off when I get home and compare.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I was kinda wondering the same thing. The bottom of the comfort cruise seats and the corbin seats are different from the Mustang. I wanted to know how easy it would be to mod a corbin stinger or a solo seat or a comfort cruise solo. Seems like these come up a lot more and you can get a better deal on them.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok. I checked. The '08 seat has a tab molded into it that slides into the bracket. This would be the tab that is on a Mustang seat. Looks like I would have to fab me up a tab to get it to hold into place. Or, is it as easy as getting the fender bracket (#16, bottom pic) from an '02?

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
kickice24 said:
I was reading through those posts, and I am not sure my question is answered. I am specifically looking into installing the Yamaha comfort cruise rider seat from an 02-03 on my '08. I don't see this tab to shave down.

What am I missing?

I guess I'll take my seat off when I get home and compare.
For your specific application the simple solution is to buy the early bracket, Item 16, from the '02-03'. No hacking and cutting

BRACKET
5PX-2475N-00-00
$8.51

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's what I thought. Thanks. Unfortunately, the seat sold for more than I could spend! T-fat bars are on the way though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts