RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as Yamaha has changed the seat on the '04 Warrior, I can only assume Yamaha knows the original one is a POS (piece of s&$t). I would like to suggest to Yamaha that the original seat is a factory defect (hence the '04 change), warranting a factory recall![/emoticons/emotion-3.gif)]
Maybe if enough of us contact Yamaha with this idea, the people who would like a different seat from the stock brick, could get one. Does anyone have any idea who at Yamaha to write to so we could run this idea up the flag poll and see if anyone salutes? If people think this is a good idea, I could come up with a form letter for people to use expressing our concerns over this serious issue. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
Don't think It would work but maybe they could give us discounts on the new one. (HECK if they did that would mean the seat would be avaible in June of '06. But I'm for whatever works. If I didn't like my Warrior so much I'd be bad mouthing the company so much. There service after the sale sucks! Dealers sucks! Aftermarket parts sucks! Offer parts that they don't even have. Hopefully it's just because it's a "new" bike thing and they will get better.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I second legalaxy8's "hope" that "it's because it's a new bike". If all vendors had everything we wanted in stock, we'd be spending money like the Federal Government. It's kind of fun to see new "must have" stuff come out, and then be the first to get it/show it off. I don't thing we would ever realy want our bike to be done(no lusting for new parts to put on). Summer is here and it's time to ride and I hope that by Fall/Winter our part supplyers will catch up.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Oops, I forgot...
Yamaha gave us a great looking, very light seat, thats fine for going bar to bar. However most of us put on more mileage than that and the stock seat proves totaly inadequate. I am extreamly happy with the rest of the bike. As far as seat recall, it's not a saftey issue~snowball's chance in ****.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I bet there may be a few '04 RSW owners willing to trade for a stock '02-'03 seat at some point down the road.

The '04 looks like it will be a good setup for rider +1 setup.

But, the riders who ride by themselves, may prefer the old stock seat for the more agressive 'sporty' styling.

·
Registered
568 Posts
TaiwanJohn,
I have the Corbin Duel Touring seat, definately NOT a visual improvement over the stock seat! But that's OK my A$$ doesn't have eyes.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I'm not into the comfort thing. It would be nice to have comfort and looks, but no chance. Thats why I shaved two inches off the stock seat....for the looks. Also, helps keep the ass planted at top speeds.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
quote:Originally posted by REDHORSE

I bet there may be a few '04 RSW owners willing to trade for a stock '02-'03 seat at some point down the road.

If and when that lucky day comes, you can put me at the top of the list as a 02 brand new seat trader. That seat is friggin painful, Dual Touring seat w/backrest had to be the best mod so far for me.....

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Can someone post or point me to a picture of the '04 seat. Personally, I bought an extra stock seat for the warrior on ebay(thanks, Bismarck). I'm sending it off to have it customized. That way I can keep riding while it's gone.

·
Registered
216 Posts
it´s not the seat thats bad (anyway not THAT bad ) in my opinion, i moved the forward controls forward and got much more relaxed angel to my legs and no bad ass at the same time, so i guess it´s the legs angel that is the big problem,, that´s my opinion but i dont say it´the right one but it worked fine with me
regards

1 - 20 of 22 Posts