RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time reader, first time poster. First off the forum is awesome. I have had the opportunity to meet some really great people here. My questions are as follows: 1)I have to replace the back tire on my warrior and as many of you know it came with a bridgestone battalaxe. What is a good replacement for this tire? The reason I ask is because I got about 5800 miles out of my bridgestone and was wondering if there was a better tire available or should I try something else. I was told that 5800 miles was descent as far as mileage for a rear tire. 2)I am also looking at upgrading my seat on my warrior. It is a 2006 and it has the two piece factory seat on it. I hate the looks of this thing. Was looking at the Stiletto seat offered in the Star Accessories Catalog. Does this seat cover the factory bolt holes through the fender? And is it suitable for a passenger to ride along on this seat with you? Please any advice or info would be great thanks.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Welcome! This forum IS awesome! There's lot's of ongoing threads on these topics as we speak. As far as the rear tire goes, the majority here like the Avon storm, they seem to be getting 10,000+mi out of these! The seat? Not sure about the stiletto covering the fender holes on your 06 but the answer is definitly in these forums! As far as passenger comfort, I've read that it's a no go. I'm trying to decide on a seat too at the moment. There's a member or 2 here that do nice modifications to the stock seat that are highly spoken of. Crusteel45 is one of them. Hope this helps, the search function is a very handy tool. Keep the rubber side down bro.Peace

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
You did better with your Bridgstone than I did with the Dunlop. I only got 4000 miles so I would recommend something else. Presently I have an Avon with over 2000 and it still looks new.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Welcome to the crew pup. Avon Storm or Avon Azaro both seem a good choice according to the members here. As NoContact said, there are quite a few current topics on these subjects at the moment so have a look around and see what the general feeling is. Try this one here: http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=61774

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Brit_Warrior

Welcome to the crew pup. Avon Storm or Avon Azaro both seem a good choice according to the members here. As NoContact said, there are quite a few current topics on these subjects at the moment so have a look around and see what the general feeling is. Try this one here: http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=61774

+1 as far as stock sized tires are concerned. For the seat, the Yamaha Stiletto is more a solo seat. Although it will cover the factory bolt holes, it is not designed for a passenger seating. You can probably get away with a passenger riding for a short distance but that's about it...

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
No 210 in the Avon and don't waste ur time with the Metz,I got about 4k out of 2 of the 210's.They look good but don't wear good,not to mention the big flat spot.Currently running Storm's.Welcome to the 4m!!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I had an Avon Venom on my '02 when I first got it. I barely got 6000 out of After that I went to A Bridgestone Exedra and have run that for well over 10,000. Now I'm actually going to try a Bridgestone Battlax in a 190 size I'll see what kind of mileage that one gets.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
A lot of guys in my neck have installed the 210 Metzeler. Still waiting to see how it does on mileage. Otherwise, the Avon's seem to be the ticket if you want to stay with the same size.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Wecome to the 4m. If you stay with the stock size rear tire , go Avon .And on seats , don,t mess with the Star acc. seats , they are crap. Go ahead and save a little more and order directly from Corbin. Great product and great cust service, they will build the seat around you . Good luck with the mods and the bike[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
quote:Originally posted by rifleman223

A lot of guys in my neck have installed the 210 Metzeler. Still waiting to see how it does on mileage. Otherwise, the Avon's seem to be the ticket if you want to stay with the same size.

I like the Metzeler if you go with a 240 but think the 200 will wear better than the 210. For a stock rim, go with the avon.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts