RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3/8" LED I need to mount somewhere. I started to take apart the speedo by it gets complicated really fast. The Tach housing seems to be pretty thick metal... I was thinking about mounting it in the highbeam switch housing.... never have pulled wires through handlebars in my life though... and I have Carlini drag bars... Any suggestions or previous installs?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Excuse me for answering with a question.... but where did you put the alarm?

I would put the blinky light in an unsconspicous place, so the thief wont be warned that you have an alarm...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well... ineresting story. I got this alarm for christmas... I orginally was going to clip it to the top of the ECU. Which *was* working... except the shock sensor kept going off. So... I decided to did a custom BAK, scoop/airbox removal, AIS removal, and mount the brain to the new plate I put under the gas tank. Plenty of room now :D The siren is surface mounted mounted to the left side of the battery box. The starter disable relay is stuffed in the mess of cables under the seat at the microwave perimeter sensor is fixed to the top of the fusebox (which may move to under the passenger seat eventually). I'll take a picture when I get home.

With that... Right now, the light is very unsconspicous: it's not installed or hookeed up! I've noticed though, people like to approach my bike (one guy tried to sit on it while his friend took a picture... then the alarm went off and they took off running. Stupid kids). I'd like to have the little blinky 'back-off' light visible to avoid the situation.. but dem crazy Yamaha engineers didn't leave a bit of space to spare on this bike!

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
baclay9 said:
I cant believe somebody just came up and sat on it. That is ballsy!!!
I don't think he is the first. I recall a year or so back that someone got a beat down for sitting on a warrior that did not belong to him. I can't recall who it was for sure but I believe it was...better not guess.

·
Vendor
7,301 Posts
Preacherman said:
baclay9 said:
I cant believe somebody just came up and sat on it. That is ballsy!!!
I don't think he is the first. I recall a year or so back that someone got a beat down for sitting on a warrior that did not belong to him. I can't recall who it was for sure but I believe it was...better not guess.
Yeah i remember a story of a young lad getting *** smacked in the parking lot of a gym. Sometimes one good smack is all someone needs as a wakeup call.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts