RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello brothers and sisters, im needing some advice and wisdom today! I bought a 05 warrior last summer and I've been doing lots of mods and things to her, getting her ready for the early spring, she's getting close to being where I want her!! I've seen and read alot of mismatched conflicting information on the internet as well as some here so that's where the wisdom and advice comes in haha

Forward controls.. I want to get some chrome ones(custom show bike im building with lots of shiny stuff :p) I've looked everywhere i can look and I've turned up empty, is there a specific year make and model that will work for our bikes? And are there driver and passenger foot BOARDS that will fit the new control set up without having to modify? If not is there brackets and adapters and if so what years makes and models will the controls have to be for them to work for the warrior? And to end this note, if not any adapters, what controls did you guys use and what mods did you do to make them fit?

Moving on haha

So as I stated before, I bought an 05, as everyone knows our bikes are discontinued/not being made any more so parts aren't over stocking the shelves and begging to be bought cheap. I've noticed as I've been buying the chrome parts I can find to minimize chrome shop bills, that it seems like there's tons of little details and things that are different from each year of our bikes, does anyone know what years are the best match for an 05? Is there a year that generally everything matched and they didnt change much from the 05? I've been holding off on alot of good deals because I honestly don't know if these parts will fit or not and some websites offer the part fitment calculator or whatever but alot of times theyre full of it.. Anyway, if anyone has any chrome lying around they would like to get rid of let me know and if I havent bought it yet than there is a 95% chance you will make a little extra Christmas cash today if theyre not over priced haha! Hope I didn't put ya to sleep with this, first warrior build and just trying to make it mine on a dime but lacking the wisdom and knowledge. Thank you for your time馃檪

Also i should mention, if the forward controls you may advise me towards doesn't have the option(very few do, but still, few do) for "relocated" passenger foot board mounts, would any one be interested in fabricating me some? Would like the mounts to be chrome, I could provide the material and also pay what's more than fair for this service. Thanks again!

Super Moderator
Welcome to the group BlueMoonRS. Lots of info available via a search, great bunch of people but things do quieten down over the festive season so don鈥檛 be discouraged if the replies aren鈥檛 forthcoming quickly.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the group BlueMoonRS. Lots of info available via a search, great bunch of people but things do quieten down over the festive season so don鈥檛 be discouraged if the replies aren鈥檛 forthcoming quickly.
Thank you Baldy, nice to feel welcome in a new community! Update: I've bought some legends forward controls off facebook (lucky break馃槄) waiting on them now! Still would like the advise/help on the other matters!

Super Moderator
Cool you found some parts, members often put up for sale all sorts of bits, most get snaffled up quickly. A lot of owners are removing the chrome or changing to black so there could be opportunities to acquire as owners advertise.

As far as model changes, I recall seeing a list of the exact changes to the models, try a search using different wording and I鈥檓 sure you will find it. I鈥檓 on my phone and out at present or I鈥檇 have a go myself. Basically the Warrior models are mechanically the same, different paint colours and 3 spoke or 5 spoke wheels.

In Australia we only got the 02 to 05 models, some may be compliance 06鈥 but build 05鈥 as far as I鈥檓 aware is the last import for us.

I can鈥檛 suggest to highly that using the search function will give you a greater understanding of your Warrior.

Super Moderator

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I sure do appreciate your help Baldy! You've helped me out so much brotha!! I really did look for this stuff but man its like finding a needle in a haystack some times haha!

Super Moderator
Welcome from SoCal...
Post some pics..

Like Baldy stated finding parts is hard, but when they do come up for sale have $$ Rdy
And be fast on the trigger....

Congratz on getting forward controls...

Just make sure that you get all the parts for them....

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Saludos from North Cuba (Miami). Like the other have said with a little patience and perseverance you can the parts that you are looking for either here, FB, Ebay or Craigs.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you brothers for the welcomes and hellos! I've definitely learned they're hard to come by but ill get everything I need! Okay ill post a couple pictures, just keep in mind these pics are from the day I bought her still pretty but
she dont look anything like this anymore haha! I will post more pictures with a list of mods once my custom build is done!

Registered
legends forward controls are the only ones i know of made for the warrior. they are still being made.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you evilrider! I actually just picked some legend forward controls up off one of the Facebook groups a few days ago!!馃榿

Registered
2012 Yamaha Roadliner S Midnight
With regards to forward controls you can get either 3 or 5鈥 sets from Barrett鈥檚 ( correctness if I鈥檝e spelt it wrong ). That鈥檚 where I got mine from ( 3鈥). Also Kuryakin sell a nice solid foot boards that fit nicely ( I only paid $50 brand new so I don鈥檛 know actual costs. There are 6 different adjustments for the boards. I hope this info helps. Also welcome to the Forum from sunny Queensland馃槑馃槑馃悵

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you for the welcome Stryder! Every bit of information helps, ive definitely had alot more success finding things I need in these past few days than I have in the last 6 months of searching thanks to you all and some brothers from the Facebook groups!!

Registered
If you're looking for custom forward controls you're not finding a better deal than these currently on ebay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts