RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 08 warrior xv1700, with about 36,000 miles. During about an hour ride, I lost all power to the back tire for a few seconds, throttle still raised the rpm’s but didn’t go anywhere. I was in 5th gear going approximately 70-75mph (speedometer is off) when it happened the first time. I’ve also had it happen in 3rd and 4th gears. Every time it happens my rpm’s are 3500 or greater. If I keep my rpm’s low, the problem doesn’t happen. Took it to a shop that did all the normal checks, ran it on the dyno to check the pcIII; they told me they had no idea what it could be. Does anyone have an idea?

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
IT SOUNDS LIKE A CPS ISSUE...

( CRANK POSITION SENSOR)

do a forum search , and you'll find alot of info on it....

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,761 Posts
A failing CPS @ 3,500+ RPM in 5th gear is a neck jerking experience and there is no way that the RPM's will increase.

Based on your OP the engine is at operating temperature and well warmed up so the clutch pack is expanded and you'll have adequate slack in the clutch cable.
  • I suspect that your clutch is slipping and @ 36,000 miles this would be classic for this occurrence with the stock clutch diaphragm spring.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Yeah sounds like clutch.
Ride it for 15 minutes and get it warm. Then stop, shift into 5th gear and try letting the clutch out while holding the brakes. You will probably feel it slip before it stalls.

It also sounds alot like the LAS issue, but with that you will not be able to rev the engine, it will just die for a few seconds. That's why I am thinking clutch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts