RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upon working with the people at the hosting company it was discovered that some of the code I was running on the site may have been the cause of all our problems! [V]

For you tech guys...
The site was causing the ASP engine to create many threads, and in turn eating up 75MB of Physical memory, and all of the virtual memory... or something like that!

I have disabled the suspect code and all seems well now! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] The web host confirmed that the memory issues are no longer around. It has only been 30 minutes since the change, but so far the speed has been better. The page creation time (located on the bottom of every forum page) seems to be on average .1 seconds quicker.

Hopefully there will be no more problems!

CarKnee

·
Registered
717 Posts
quote:Originally posted by CarKnee

Upon working with the people at the hosting company it was discovered that some of the code I was running on the site may have been the cause of all our problems! [V]

For you tech guys...
The site was causing the ASP engine to create many threads, and in turn eating up 75MB of Physical memory, and all of the virtual memory... or something like that!

I have disabled the suspect code and all seems well now! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] The web host confirmed that the memory issues are no longer around. It has only been 30 minutes since the change, but so far the speed has been better. The page creation time (located on the bottom of every forum page) seems to be on average .1 seconds quicker.

Hopefully there will be no more problems!

CarKnee

Hummmm, that was what I suspected and that is why I was asking you about the server itself. Unfortunately, inetinfo in IIS is known having memory leak especially with the ASP extended codes. It launches multiple dllhost to create more thread for load balancing and often enough, those thread hang keeping the server busy. The IIS server should be re-booted at least once a week and I hope somebody is doing it there. Glad you have found it though.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
carknee. what's happening. i've been having alot of prooblems lately staying on this site. i'm having to refresh constantly and most of the time i have to keep going back to a previous link just to get back on. up till 12/16 things couldn't have been better, than all this starts to happen. have you secretly banished me??? i'll have to create another user name you know.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts