RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best service manual to get for the Warrior? I see so many CD manuals for sale, but is a favorite or is there a real manual (paper) that is the most informative and easiet to use.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have the CD and it is wonderful. You can print it out yourself or take it to a copy store and they can put it together for you. Two birds with one stone.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I got the factory service manual in book form from the dealer. From memory, I think it was only like $20 or so. That way I can have it opened on the work bench while working on the bike. No computer in the garage.

·
Administrator
30,089 Posts
We can't post a service manual in downloads. The link for the free 2002 service manual is now in Popular Mods. If you have newer versions you want to sell here then contact Carknee for pre-approval.

Many guys are getting the manual specific totheir model year bike. A few things have changed since 2002 however for 'most uses' the '02 manual works just fine when used in conjunction with the Model Year Differences post.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Arizona Warrior said:
....Many guys are getting the manual specific totheir model year bike. A few things have changed since 2002 however for 'most uses' the '02 manual works just fine when used in conjunction with the Model Year Differences post.

There is a supplementary manual available for later models. I have it in .pdf

·
Administrator
30,089 Posts
Cool. Let's do some horse trading. I have:

2002 Service Manual #5PX-28197-10.

2002 Supplement #5PX-28197-11.

2002 Parts Catalog #2B5PX-100E1.

Badger said:
Arizona Warrior said:
....Many guys are getting the manual specific totheir model year bike. A few things have changed since 2002 however for 'most uses' the '02 manual works just fine when used in conjunction with the Model Year Differences post.

There is a supplementary manual available for later models. I have it in .pdf

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I have the CD and printed it out so I can use it in the garage.How can I get the 2002 supplement? I have a parts guide and service manual.

·
Registered
338 Posts
arizona warrior, I must say you have done a great job on everything you did on the information side in this forum. I followed your link and now have a service manual for my 02. in doing so while it was printing was perusing through the plethora of information you posted on your link. amazing is all I can say. Thanks so much for your input to this site.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Arizona Warrior said:
Cool. Let's do some horse trading. I have:

2002 Service Manual #5PX-28197-10.

2002 Supplement #5PX-28197-11.

2002 Parts Catalog #2B5PX-100E1.

I have just checked mine and they are the same as yours. I assumed that the supplemental manual was forchanges to later years. Oops!

I do have the user manual, part number 5PX-28199-13, as well if anyone is interested.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Bob, mine is an '06 bike - but I would like to get hold of a manual if poss. even if it IS for the '02 range. .(?)

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
jarv said:
Bob, mine is an '06 bike - but I would like to get hold of a manual if poss. even if it IS for the '02 range. .(?)

Can you wait until we meet up at the Ace? If not I can burn a CD for you and post it.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Thanks for the offer Bob......
I'm not going to the Ace this year (!), . . but I am seeing Bone on 6th March - so is there any chance that you could post it to him?. . . . . Cheers!

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
I went with the free PDF 2002 manual to local print shop and made a book out of it for $15. Now I can keep the book in the garage for quick consulting or search on the old PC3 laptop I use for maps... Is convenient to search the PDF first, then open the manual at the right page...

·
Administrator
30,089 Posts
No worries, maybe somebody else will turn up with a newer rag. I think the 2006+ version would be cool to have, too.

Badger said:
I have just checked mine and they are the same as yours. I assumed that the supplemental manual was forchanges to later years. Oops!
I do have the user manual, part number 5PX-28199-13, as well if anyone is interested.

·
Administrator
30,089 Posts
nice of you to say

bearwarrior said:
arizona warrior, I must say you have done a great job on everything you did on the information side in this forum. I followed your link and now have a service manual for my 02. in doing so while it was printing was perusing through the plethora of information you posted on your link. amazing is all I can say. Thanks so much for your input to this site.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
jarv said:
Thanks for the offer Bob...... I'm not going to the Ace this year (!), . . but I am seeing Bone on 6th March - so is there any chance that you could post it to him?. . . . . Cheers!

No worries mate. I'll burn it today and post it tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts