RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, my 07 started and ran just fine. This morning, I turned on the key and the lights lit up fine. Hit the starter, thought I heard a very faint pop, and now nothing turns on (almost like the battery is disconnected) and the bike obviously won’t start.

Checked the fuses and they’re all good. Where should I start in troubleshooting this?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the battery fully charged?.?
I'll give that a try...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
Yep, sure is. The bike is always on a tender when I’m not riding it. But even if it was the battery, at least the lights would still turn on with the key even if only very dimly.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wiggled the wires under the ECU and lights came back on. As soon as I hit the start button, heard another quiet “pop” and everything went dead again. No more amount of wiggling made it work again after that.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Wiggled the wires under the ECU and lights came back on. As soon as I hit the start button, heard another quiet “pop” and everything went dead again. No more amount of wiggling made it work again after that.
That may be because it arced causing carbon build up between the connections or it actually blew a fuse this time.

Was this the cables or wires you wiggled around?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That may be because it arced causing carbon build up between the connections or it actually blew a fuse this time.

Was this the cables or wires you wiggled around?
It was the wires that sit immediately below the ECU but on top of a black plastic tray.

I’ll check the fuses again to make sure that isn’t what happened. I hate electrical work so really hope I don’t have to tear wiring apart that needs repairing!

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
It was the wires that sit immediately below the ECU but on top of a black plastic tray.

I’ll check the fuses again to make sure that isn’t what happened. I hate electrical work so really hope I don’t have to tear wiring apart that needs repairing!
Try the battery cables with the key on.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven’t had a chance to tinker with the bike in past few days but yesterday turned the key on just for shits and the lights turned back on. I recorded this with my iPhone but didn’t post it here... but when I hit the starter button I heard a noticeable buzz come from what sounded like the ECU before everything went dead.

I’m highly tempted to just take this to a shop. I don’t have the time or confidence in being able to troubleshoot this myself.

·
Premium Member
5,628 Posts
Bad connection somewhere. Just keep looking into the wiring under the ECU, The problem will eventually show up and then there will be that Ah Ha moment that you are looking for.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Start simple.

I always liked the quote from the Patriot - aim small, miss small.

Here, don’t let it overwhelm you. Just start with one wire at a time looking for melted plastic, arc spots, something that doesn’t look right.

It might be as simple as a loose connection on the battery itself. My negative was loose once, and it caused the bike to cut out for no apparent reason.

BTW, have you checked the 50 amp main fuse?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’m a dumbass. On a whim, I hooked up some jumper cables tonight and the bike fired right up. Never thought even with a tender in use daily that a battery would go from functional to dead as **** overnight like that.

·
Registered
6,541 Posts
So it was the battery...
Sometimes you cant over look the Obvious

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Sounds like a the wires to the battery, starter, or starter relay need to be cleaned, under high amp draw the connection arcs (the poop you here) and then you loose the connection the starters on these bad boys draw a lot of current unless you have gone to the larger wire kit to the starter. Hope that helps

1 - 15 of 15 Posts