RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYY!

well they took her in last thurs, but didnt get to it till yesterday. i went by and gave them the 31t pulley to slap on while they were at it and told the tech that if he got her done tomorrow like it was supposed to be, and it came back to me lookin like it went in i'd be sure to help him out.

so today is "the day" and i called up at 2:30 and they talked to the mechanic and said... "hes workin away on it right now, call us back at 4:30 and we'll see." so 3 min before i get off at 5pm i was online talkin to my dad who was asking me if i was geting it back today when my cell rang. and it was them saying she was ready.
WOOOOOOO HAAAAAAAAAAAAA

now, its the south and we've had upper 60's- upper 70's but not today..lol.. 45 and raining. the tech had put it back together, cleaned it up, test rode it in the rain, and then had to detail it all up. when i got there it was off the lift, and he was just wiping down the bars and tank with honda spray. wow, looked showroom new, chrome wheels were spotless, the engine was spotless, EVERYThing was perfectly clean. couldnt find any dings, or anything anywhere either. fired it up, sounded a lil meaner with the HC pistons in it. i signed off, talked to the mngr for a few min and they loaded her up . i was going to giv ethe guy $20, but i was so tickled i gave him $40. teh mechanic said the tricky was the hit of the shop. everyone had to check it out. he said " i couldnt stop playing with it" ( the tricky for the pervs in the group[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]) ****, he was as excited as i was the day i put it on! LOL

got her home, off the truck, ON with the gear and OUT on the road. 45 degrees, raining and having the best time i've had all year. once your shins get soaked and go numb you can go forever! and i think the bike had just as much fun as i did playing in the rain.

the bike has more noticable roll on power and acceleration. not sure how much is the pulley and how much is the pistons. tomorrow its going to be sunny when i get home and i've got a date with the bike![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Well, I'm impressed - didn't think they'd get it done. Good Deal!!!! I'm glad I was wrong. Have fun Audio!

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Congrats my friend. Sounds like it went all right with you. You know, I was thinking. I bet your mechanic played with tricky for the firat 6 days. Thats why he didn't start taking it down....having too much fun.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Audio,
The shop installed the Tricky, huh? What did they charge, if you don't mind me asking? I's guessing that this would take about 2hrs for a seasoned mech. to do? The Svc Mgr at the shop has already told me that he'd be easy on me with the piston swap, which means they DO plan to charge me for it. Not happy about that, as they are that far into it, but then again, the shop didn't cause the recall, so why shoudl they lose ANY time on extras? I'm still trying to guesstimate what they are going to hit me for on the V-BAK Pro. I'm also guessing that the 31t pulley will be gimme as the cases have to be split anyway. No way am I paying for that one.

I also PM'd you about the pistons w/ Reza. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
RRUFAST,
Don't let them rape you on installing the V-bak. It is pretty east and with all the help on here, you can do it. Same with the pully. I swaped the pully out in like 15 minutes. As for the tricky, we all did the tricky ourselves too. It's relatively easy, but the hardest part is making the room under the seat. But still easy and fun to do. We'll help ya out on it if you get it. That's part of the fun with this bike.....doing the mods yourself.

Ron

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Ron,
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I can already tell in the week I've been on here, that there are PLENTY of folks willing to help with advice and all. As far as the pulley & V-BAK install goes, I'm figuring as long as all that stuff is off and accesible, they should charge me very little to add it on "reconstruction".

The Tricky is something that I'd probably wind up doing myself anyway. I dont; have the funds *right now* to buy it, so it's on the back burner until I sell one of my two other vehicles. I'm definitely doing the TAR and Chrome wheels as soon as possible. With that done, I can decide on exactly what type/style of covers, etc I want to add.

Thanks again for your help, and everyone else who has offered advice prior to my purchase. This forum reminds me of a majordomo list I'm on for the CBR900RR. Great bunch of folks who LOVE the bike they ride and riding in general.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Go easy on her Audio, and don't forget to wear a condom when that special moment arises!!! LOL

RRufast (like the call BTW), installing the V-BAK is gonna require less work than re-installing the undertank airbox but relocation of the sensors might be a bit tricky. If it were me I'd opt for this one myself for two reasons: 1 you get to see what's going on under there (your tank) and will get familiar with some of the systems which help your bikes FI system function, 2 the stacks are kinda tight fitting and if not installed optimally you'll end up with the filters banging off the frame or possibly getting torn from the rear fuel line. At this time you don't know what we're talking about cause you've never seen it, but in time, you will. my 0.02c worth
Definatley have them install the pulley though it's part of the rebuild either way!

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
quote:Originally posted by RRUFAST

Audio,
The shop installed the Tricky, huh? What did they charge, if you don't mind me asking?

no, i did that a few weeks ago now myself. here is the thing, people keep saying "the hardedst part about the install is making room under the seat" but really thats not true IMO, if you already know what has to come out, the under the seat stuff is very easy. there is a bracket that you have ot remove that holds a bunch of things, and with the bracket gone, the compressor goes right in. i really wouldnt say any of the tricky air was complicated to install, and it doesnt take very long to do.

sent you a PM Jason

·
Registered
214 Posts
Way to go Audio, she's back home safe and sound. Very happy for ya.

You didn't want to give the mech some donuts for a job well done?

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Too bad its a monsoon out there. It pouring like a SOB right now here. Figures, you get your bike back to finally enjoy it, and you get this kind of weather. Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
quote:Originally posted by lagalaxy8

I figure they will call me today since it was snowing this morning. I don't care what it's doing out I'm driving the SOB home for the hour drive. I'm tried of seeing it on a trailer.

**** RIGHT! i would have in the snow too! i didnt give a sh!t, when i got it home, i was GETTIN ON IT!

i really didnt think it would be done yesterday, but since it wsa 45 adn raining, i thought, yeah... now they'll for sure have it done on the nastiest day we've had in 2 months.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts