RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from picking up the Old Girl from the Tranny-Fix Clinic and everything appears to be just fine... can't find any lose or missing bolts or any unexpected bumps or bruises. I had a choice to go the local dealer (7 miles away), the one I normally deal with (26 miles away) or one in Houston (99.6 miles away). Well, I chose Tejas Motorsports (the one the farthest away) because those guys have great attitudes. Attitude is what I look for when hiring my employees, what I hope the employees at the fast food places have when they're fixing my food... and what I wanted when driving my bike all the way home after a major rebuild. Thanks to everyone at Tejas for a job well done and for dropping those HC Pistons in at No Charge!

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
SWEET! Good for you and good for comending the folks at Tejas for the fine job they did. There are a lot of good dealers & techs out there that are just as committed to this recall as we are and should be recognized when they rise to the challange. I hope to add MY dealer to the list.......soon.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Glad to here the recall work is working out. Unbelievable the extent to which the engine was disassembled for this problem.

However, I wouldn't think we're out of the woods yet. Ride your bike A LOT keep an eye on it over the next six months. It will take some time for things that may not have been torqued properly or gaskets / o-ring that may have been misinstalled (or reused) to show up as problems due to vibration, etc. Watch carefully for leaks where there were none before. If none of that happens over the course of a full riding season, probability is you're in good shape.

My bike is bone-dry, no leaks whatsoever, tight as a drum, has been that way for 13,000 miles. I want to see it stay that way.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Brought the bike home last night (on a trailer). Took a very short ride, just to warm it up a bit. Parked it in the garage. This morning - no oil drippings. Everything is clean and tight. Motor looks new. Coleman Motorsports, Woodbridge, Va. - great job!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I only ran the tach up half way while driving home... but I can tell from taking off there is real nice difference in the near future. I decided not to trailer it and have my wife follow me throught the back roads so I could go through smaller towns making me have to slow down, speed up and stop for lights ocassionally. I didn't like the thought of going doen the Interstate at one constant RPM. I plan to break it in for 600 miles and then get it re-dynoed. After that will be the crown jewel when I install the Big Wheel Kit from Cycle Image... then the pictures will be posted. Regards guys... Ed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts