RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,720 Posts
If not mistaken shinko took over the motorcycle tire manufacturing of Yokohama tires. I am running a 300 on the back of my chopper and it seems to work well so far although it does seem to be a bit narrower than the old metzeler I had on before.

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
What does that even mean? Yokahama hasn’t gone out of business. Does it mean Shinko uses their crappy rubber in a Yokohama mold? I’ve not seen a Yokohama motorcycle tire that matches up with a Shinko. So the mold must be pretty old. I bought a Stinko once. It didn’t last 3000 miles and was hard as a rock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Shinko is a Japanese company they produce in South Korea and they did buy the motorcycle tire part from Yokohama in 1998 they have continued to develop and in my personal opinion are right up there with some of the leading tire companies.

·
Premium Member
7,720 Posts
A lot has changed since the early days of shinko. Their new tires stick well to the road and their wear rates have greatly improved. Also they are not supposed to flatten out as quickly as the metezeler for instance. On my 300 metezeler I had a big flat strip down the middle at early mileage so whenever I leaned the bike over there was a shimmy when it hit the ridge between the flat section and the sides. The shinko was almost half the price of a metezeler and less than half the price of an Avon so as long as I get at least half teh mileage i got with the metzeler i am in my money. After one season of running the shinko it still looks like new and it has great adhesion on the back and no more shimmy when I lean over and yes even though it is a chopper I lean over and regularly scrape my pegs.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts