RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know which companies I can call to have a Warrior shipped from Ohio to Southern Cal?
How much is it roughly? I guess they will have to crate it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Well I´m not too sure about how much the would charge for a bike, but I have shipped a car across the country practically (on a flat bed) and if you look around you should be able to get pretty much anyone to ship for around 500 bucks. Careful on this, they will try to rape you. This should not be that much at all. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I saw a creat in a mag and I am sure I will never find it again but it was made to carry a motorcycle and it could be broken down and then put back togther. Try an internet search. Once that is done call SAIA or other such carriers for a price.

·
Registered
731 Posts
From Oh to Cali is going to be expensive. From Ohio to NC was about $500. I'm willing to be its easily going to be a few hundred (at least) on top of that. Go to cycletrader.com and do a search for a 2002 RoadStar Warrior. YOu will find a company in Sandusky and another in Toledo. Tha can hook you up with bike shippers.

Good luck

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats one bad day !!! where did you get this picture? I wonder if the UPS guy did this on purpose?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I sold my V Star 1100 to a guy in California last year and it cost around $500 to ship from Alabama via North American Van Lines. look 'em up in your local yellow pages.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just curious why you would ship a bike that far. Are you moving or buying a new bike? I live and Pittsburgh and got mine out in Ohio last July. The prices out there were the best I could find anywhere. I flew out one morning on a crotch-rocket, and cruised home on a warrior.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had my bike shipped to me by Max Pitts Yamaha in Indiana. I'm in Atlanta GA. They used a goldwing crate and shipped it as conventional freight with a regular trucking company. Cost $250 plus an extra $50 to be delivered by a lift gate truck. Bet you could get a goldwing crate for free from a dealer. The only catch would be getting one that they didn't destroy when they uncrate the goldwing.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is Cal bikes and cars in general are more expensive. There is riding eather year around so the prices are not low and inventory is also not that much....

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Are you getting a second one or are you doing some recruiting? I talked to some guy at the bike show today who was just about to sign for a slight used Warrior today. It was stock and had 163 miles on it, he got it for 8790 otd. I told him he did pretty good and then gave him our web address [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am actually looking for one for my uncle. You can get them for about $8K with 4K miles on them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts