RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the look of the Shogun Street Sweepers on sick1's bike. Can anybody comment on the noise level, fit and finish and are they subject to discolouration?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a new Warrior (600 oil change not reached yet) with Ground Pounders (nearly same thing, with curved down extensions), so I can't speak to discoloring, but the fit is great. Every time I started the bike (pre-baffle installation), it gave me that rush that you get at a race track when the guy says "Gentlemen, start your engines". You feel that rumble in your chest, immediately followed by that grin from ear to ear. Even though I love the sound of the explosions coming from the coffee can sized cylinders, I had to call Samson and order the baffles because my bike got everyones attention in the neighborhood. I'm talking about the kind of attention you give to the Morons playing rap music in their cars so loud it shakes the dishs off the shelves of your house when they drive by.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thunderbolt, do the baffles effect the appearance at all? How is the noise level WITH the baffles?

·
Registered
302 Posts
If loud is what your into, then go with any of the Shogun pipes. I am running the "performance rings" wich add torque, but do little to quite them down. I have heard some with different baffles that quite them down a bit. I believe they were HP plus baffles. The actual pipes under the heat sheilds will discolor. But the heat sheilds cover 95% of what you can see of the pipes. I have 3000 miles on them and have had no problems, I believe they are a good investment, and highly reccomend them.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I heard Bismark's bike last weekend and his sounds great.
Nice low end rumble. Not really loud on startup, but when the throttle was opened up....YEEAAAA BABY, YEEEEEAAAAAAA.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
43 Posts
Marting: I bought the baffles direct (A-117's) from the folks at Samson/Shogun. $21.95 each, total of 55.00 on my credit card with freight. Had to take the pipes off the bike, then the tips off (pinch bolts) of the pipes to install them. Be prepared with a grinder or Dremel tool to grind off a bit here and there on the baffles to make them fit in the pipe. Took me two hours from the time I started until I was able to drive off with the baffles installed. My hearing isn't the best (6 years working on fighter jets in the AirForce didn't help) but I think it still sounds good, and the "Ground Pounding" has been reduced by at least 25%.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm pretty new here guys so you'll all have to cut me some slack but I've got a few questions about the Samson Shogun series pipes. I've been riding bikes for years but this is only my second cruiser. How do you relocate the brake resevoir and is there any kind of mounting bracket other than where the pipes bolt to the engine to relieve any of the stress? Sorry for the silly questions guys but I've never seen these pipes in person and I haven't seen any pictures close up enough to help me.

·
Registered
302 Posts
quote:Originally posted by snakeyez

I'm pretty new here guys so you'll all have to cut me some slack but I've got a few questions about the Samson Shogun series pipes. I've been riding bikes for years but this is only my second cruiser. How do you relocate the brake resevoir and is there any kind of mounting bracket other than where the pipes bolt to the engine to relieve any of the stress? Sorry for the silly questions guys but I've never seen these pipes in person and I haven't seen any pictures close up enough to help me.
When I bought my Shoguns, they did not come with a brake resevoir bracket, they just use the stock bracket that the stock "can" bolts to. I made my own from a pattern from billh1943's web site, if you look up his profile you can find a link to his site. Barrons makes a hidden resevoir, you can get them from their site or others like phatperformance. I saw some one was selling home made brakets on ebay too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks guys for all the advice and sorry for jumping in on someone elses thread. I was still wondering if these Samson exhausts utilize any kind of exhaust bracket that I might not be able to see in the pictures.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No problem snakeyez, you asked some good questions and the replies, as usual, were very informative. I was wondering about the brake reservoir myself. If you go to the shogun site, you'll see pictures of all the variations for the warrior and you'll see that in all the pictures, that big ol' reservoir is sitting there looking quite out of place.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys, I just bought my new Warrior less than two weeks ago and I've added the Samson Ground Pounders. Love looks and that loud stuff.

Snakeyez, I just ordered a reservoir bracket from Vance and Hines Pro Pipe exhaust system part# 25505. The bracket number is 333 and this is what you want. They will sell you the bracket for $13.95 plus shipping and since I don't have the tools, material and knowhow of Billh1943, it made sense for me. You can check it out on the V&H site.
I got this info from this forum and I want to say thanks to everyone for all the help. I don't really know what I'm doing mechanically, but there is a lot of knowledge on this site. I also have the AIS flanges ordered and want to go with the PCIII, but would like to confirm the mapping and get some feedback before I do. A question.....I'm assuming that by adding the Barons BAK with the ground pounders the mapping would change from the pipes alone.

Starside, do you have the BAK with your Ripsaws and if so how is the PCIII, map 14 working? Does anyone else have this combo?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Since this thread seems to be continuing, I had one other question about aftermarket pipes in general. I'm told it is pretty hard for pipes to reduce performance, but they can effect the power and torque curve. One of the things about this engine that I truly love is the flat, managable characteristics. Is there any literature available comparing the dyno results of the most common aftermarket pipes? What have people here experienced in the way of changes in performance?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts