RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So while I was at the Chicago International Motorcycle Show today I decided to talk to the Shorai guys. I mentioned that I was looking to buy one of there batteries and was hoping that I could get one while at the show. He then informed me that they were all sold out, I told him how disappointing this was as I had heard great things about there batteries. So what does he do??? Whips out a Shorai brochure and writes "ILIMS" on it. He then tells me to go to the Shorai company website and at the checkout put in this code for 15% off.

I went ahead and ordered my battery off the site and sure enough the code works! Saved me right around $30 but that went down to $20 after shipping got added back on.

So if you are looking for a new battery go ahead and check them out!

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
So while I was at the Chicago International Motorcycle Show today I decided to talk to the Shorai guys. I mentioned that I was looking to buy one of there batteries and was hoping that I could get one while at the show. He then informed me that they were all sold out, I told him how disappointing this was as I had heard great things about there batteries. So what does he do??? Whips out a Shorai brochure and writes "ILIMS" on it. He then tells me to go to the Shorai company website and at the checkout put in this code for 15% off.

I went ahead and ordered my battery off the site and sure enough the code works! Saved me right around $30 but that went down to $20 after shipping got added back on.

So if you are looking for a new battery go ahead and check them out!
which model did you order?....and did you buy the tender to go with it?

oh yes....thank you :D - exciting times

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Model # LFX18A1-BS12

No, I didn't buy the charger. The batteries come pre-charged so for the riding season I will be good but at end of season I will be picking up the charger.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haven't actually received the battery yet, I am hoping to do a review once I receive it. I will let everyone know then.

And yes that is some bad timing 60ftgap, maybe you can call them and work something out? saving some money might be worth the 15 minute call.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I tried to buy my new battery online with the discount code and it would not work anymore. I gave the guys at Shorai a call and they are still honoring the 15% discount. New code is "nyims". Just a note, they were pretty cool about the request, so far they get a check in the box for customer service.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I just ordered mine- I went with the 14 AH one- 210 CCA Part # LFX14A1-BS12

Our stock battery are 12 AH 180 cca- so it's already a little upgrade- 135 with the coupon code. ill let you know how it works out.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Coupon code nyims still works.

Battery is 161.46 plus 9.74 for shipping.

How long will it take the battery to discharge while the bike sits? 3 months? 6 months?

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I just picked one up from a local dealer. They matched the 172 + sales tax. I felt the $8 was worth not waiting. Battery is installed. Damm thing is tiny. Bike does turn over a little better. I'm not sure if it was the price difference yet of a normal lead battery for $90.

One nice thing is I am able to store the PCIII in the battery box now. There is still more romm for storage.

·
Banned
91 Posts
I bought one,lasted 6 months an died. I bought a 500cca balistic battery,added about 1" to the box, this thing starts the bike like I never seen before. they are pricey though.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I bought one,lasted 6 months an died. I bought a 500cca balistic battery,added about 1" to the box, this thing starts the bike like I never seen before. they are pricey though.
That's not promising for such a pricy battery. I have an SVR14 that is one month past 6 years old and still kicking. I just went out to the bike and saw that I left the key on for about 2 days. Charging the battery up now to see if it's still with us. Was looking at the Shoria, but with my SVR still alive What's the advantage of the Shoria other than weight and size?

You also need their special charger for the Shoria. I like the idea of a smaller lighter batt, but longevity might be a question. If the batt is discharged for some reason it may not recover. Need to check the warranty.

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
I bought one,lasted 6 months an died.
ODD!

First I've hear of a failure, I'm sure tey would have covered it under warranty?

Defects do happen in everyting! Mine has given 0 problems, I even had it in a box for a few months before install. It's on the bike and I dont ride often. It's starts right up, better than the stock ever did!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts