RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Cristo, good afternoon!

You the good fellow, very interesting decision.
You very good master and details at you turn out very good!

Yours faithfully Dmitry
Warrior Russia

·
Registered
79 Posts
Do you think the Euro fender will accommodate a license plate - without rubbing? I'm not planing on lowering the bike (would even consider raising it a touch), and will be running a stock 200 or a 190 tire.

Thanks, JB

·
Premium Member
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Do you think the Euro fender will accommodate a license plate - without rubbing? I'm not planing on lowering the bike (would even consider raising it a touch), and will be running a stock 200 or a 190 tire.

Thanks, JB
I'll trial fit my plug (model used to make mold) and see about the plate. I imagine there could be a way however the angle of the plate might be too extreme. I'll get back to you

·
Premium Member
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

Thanks, JB
I mocked up a license plate on the euro plug and I believe that there should be no problem fitting a plate on the rear however I am not sure that it is the best looking set up but I have always liked my plates on the side. I have atached some photos of the mock-up done with cardboard and i am sure that when the time comes a much mor suitable arrangement could be worked out.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
" . . . but I have always liked my plates on the side."

Yeah, I know what you mean - I would like my license plate a little further to the side too - in the garbage can preferably;). But since I can't do that, my choice would be hanging off the fender. I was thinking maybe rolling it, like you've done with the side mounted plate on the Harley in your gallery - but obviously fender mounted. I had this set-up on a previous bike, and it actually looked pretty nice (to me anyway). Kind of makes the plate look like it's part of the design rather than an afterthought.

I gather the light tubes (Radiantz) and flashers will fit into the grove or lip you've created? Will it (or could it) also have some sort of plate illumination?
Lookin good!

Thanks, JB

·
Premium Member
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The groove has been made using Radiantz tubes as the model for the lights and flashers. The tubes actually will start on the side of the fender so that the flashers are visible from the side as well as the back. A custom plate mount (curved) could be done in fibreglass with a matching license plate cover and the plate lights could also be built in. I try to use Radiantz products as I am a Canadian dealer for their product. The only problem I am having is that the tubes will only bend one way (front and back) so I have to work on the rear so that the tubres will look symmetrical top to bottom as well. Even though they bend to follow the curve at the side and rear of the fender, they still are straight from top to bottom. If I cannot get the tubes to look good then I may just go with individual LEDS.

·
Registered
79 Posts
"A custom plate mount (curved) could be done in fibreglass with a matching license plate cover and the plate lights could also be built in."

Is this something you could/would do, or your just suggesting I have done. The guy that did the curved plate on my previous bike just rolled the plate and chrome frame somehow. Can't remember how exactly it was mounted, other than off the end of the fender. The tail light was stock - on top of the fender.

Also, is this euro fender going to be any wider than stock? I'm running a 200 rear, and am changing to an Avon Storm 2 190/50 - so I don't particularly want to draw attention to the slightly smaller tire.

JB

·
Premium Member
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
"A custom plate mount (curved) could be done in fibreglass with a matching license plate cover and the plate lights could also be built in."

Is this something you could/would do, or your just suggesting I have done. The guy that did the curved plate on my previous bike just rolled the plate and chrome frame somehow. Can't remember how exactly it was mounted, other than off the end of the fender. The tail light was stock - on top of the fender.

Also, is this euro fender going to be any wider than stock? I'm running a 200 rear, and am changing to an Avon Storm 2 190/50 - so I don't particularly want to draw attention to the slightly smaller tire.

JB
If you order a euro fender and want to have an integrated license bracket that is curved /rolled in I will certainly do it for you. I work with each individual member to make sure that the product I make for them suits their particular needs and actualy prefer to make each product a little different as I don't like the assembly line all the same concept.

The fender is actually wider than stock and there are spacers that I privide with the fender to space out the fender stays almost an inch total. With the fender protruding over the fender stays, howevver, this is not really evident. I also tried to curve/narrow the back of the fender so it would look good with stock or widenend tires. I have tried to give the rear a wider look to match the tank. I can always put the fender on a 200 tire and wheel I have lying around to see the look. (the wheel would not be on the bike but would give an idea)

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
very nice...you have mad skills Christo!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I would like to see what the fender looks like on a 200 tire, when you get a chance - although it probably wont really illustrate what it will look like mounted with the plate. As you say, just a (rough) idea.

I probably would have you do a curved/integrated plate bracket - as long as it absolutely won't hit the tire, or is adjustable.

Also, what is a "Z102 spoiler"?

And thanks for your patience with my never ending string of questions . . . :eek:

JB

·
Premium Member
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
I would like to see what the fender looks like on a 200 tire, when you get a chance - although it probably wont really illustrate what it will look like mounted with the plate. As you say, just a (rough) idea.

I probably would have you do a curved/integrated plate bracket - as long as it absolutely won't hit the tire, or is adjustable.

Also, what is a "Z102 spoiler"?

And thanks for your patience with my never ending string of questions . . . :eek:

JB
I'll set up the fender with a 200 during the week and post a picture. I would probably make it adjustable so you can angle it as you like

go here for the Z102
http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/74-christok/169747-z102-tailspoiler.html

or visit my threads in the vendors forum

ride safe

·
Registered
79 Posts
Christo,

I guess I wasn't sure how far you would stray from your euro design, or how far along you were. Patience is not my strong point, can you tell :eek:? Your quote from my "tail light options" thread:

"If you go with one of my fibreglass fenders and find a lens you like such as the half moon or if you want to make a custom lense, I can probably make the lense and can mold it into the fender for you. Look at the rear tail light on my harley in my gallery. I had this lense made custom and molded it into the fender just to give an idea."

I did order a light from ebay a while back, before I started to really search on here. The half moon might be a better choice though, and I haven't totally ruled out the Radiantz tubes - was just looking to see all options.

Universal Motorcycle LED Tail/Turn/Plate ALL -ONE Light | eBay

I should have it any day now - it may be a POS that I don't use, I'll know when I see it. I hope your euro fender looks good with a stock size tire. It would be so much easier to just buy one from you, rather than chopping up mine. Wouldn't mind giving the business to someone from the forum, and I like the idea that you try to accommodate your customers and make each piece unique. Can't wait to see the finished design.

JB

·
Premium Member
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
here are some pics of the euro with a 260 and a 200 (off the bike) to give an idea. I also put the fender up around the same height as it would be on my lowered bike. I also put one of the Radiantz light bars in to give an idea.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
I will be getting my stuff back from the painter this week. I will see if I can get it mounted on this weekend and post pictures by monday.

·
Premium Member
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Also how is the euro fender going?
The euro is going slowly. I am trying to work the rear so as to be able to use the Radiantz tubes for my lights however these LEDS will flex only in one direction - back and forth however the fender has complex curves which go back and forth and up and down so I have to re-work the light section as I was hoping to be able to use one tube for each side. I am getting close. If I cannot get the tube to work so that it looks uniform I may either go to individual LEDS or use the Radiantz Sidewinders. The tube looks best but the sidewinderz would be super easy so I may relook at this option as well. I would like to be able to give each owner the option of one of the three but I may have to go with only two.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hey Christok, if you are keeping a head count for the euro; count me in for one. If it makes a diference my bike is stock hight with a 240 on back.. tks man.

·
Premium Member
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Hey Christok, if you are keeping a head count for the euro; count me in for one. If it makes a diference my bike is stock hight with a 240 on back.. tks man.
on my list. Will fit 240 no problem. if standard height it will just be a bit higher but will leave you ample room to be able to lower and have good clearance

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Christok,

glad to see you are making good progress, though you have left me with a small dilemma. I am liking both the short oem, and the euro fender.

Will both fenders accomodate some type of luggage rack. Will I be able to drill the holes myself for that?

ooh, how about something that is a combination oem/euro fender...

I'm sure I have more questions, but they will pop up as I watch the thread.

I am running a stock rear fender, lowered, and will switch to a sidemount plate if I decide to go either way.

cheers...

21 - 40 of 51 Posts