RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking of selling my 95 honda shadow 1100 and buying a 1700 road star. dealer asking $ 8500. will i like the road star??

thanks,

tod

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
HAHAHAHAHA!![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Well...Did you like your Honda Shadow!?

And if you're referring to the Road Star Warrior...Then NO! I don't think you'll like...I think you'll LOVE it!![/emoticons/emotion-1.gif] Although I'm kind of bias...

If you do get the Warrior...You'll quickly forget ALL about that Honda Shadow. In fact, what Honda Shadow...[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
There are many more custom parts available for the roadstar. It has the same engine but weighs way more than the warrior so is not as fast and will never be able to keep up in the turns but man can you customize it. If that is a new price it is very good. I don't think you could find a new warrior for that amount. I would tend to buy a used warrior before buying a new roadstar.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I'd go with the warrior unless you're looking for a touring bike, in which case I'd go with the warrior. What's a few extra gas stops when you get to make them every hour?

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Go for the Warrior. Same engine but Yamaha hopped up the Warrior so more horse power with the lighter bike.

·
Registered
883 Posts
almost all my riding buddies have a yammy. 3 r*s and 2 warriors. they do look really good. and there are more available mods. i do like the r* but my style is more sporty. that's why i went with the warrior. guess it depends on taste/preference. either way, i'm pretty sure you like it over your shadow.

·
Registered
160 Posts
My last ride was a 87 Honda Magna (yes super magna). My Dad had bought a Roadstar Midnight Silverado and I had the luxury of testing it out on occasion for a year or so. I loved the quality and look of the bike but I always had the feeling the bike was too big for me and I'm 6' 3" 205. Endless research left me with 3 options. V-Rod, Meanstreak and Warrior. I couldn't say this more vehemently. I Love this bike. I'm not brand partial but this bike does everything I ask of it and then some. It's light enough to play with, powerful enough to set you back, and comfortable enough to cruise. Yes, you'll still have to find and remedy little things that may not be right for you but what bike wouldn't. Test drive a warrior. Find some curves and play around a bit. I'm no canyon carver but, when I cruise with a bunch of Roadstars (such as my Dad's) the bikes are like night and day and even in my newby state I find myself slowing pace so he or my fellow riders don't have to push too much.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
quote:even in my newby state I find myself slowing pace so he or my fellow riders don't have to push too much

Tell 'em to meet you at the next stop. Then you'll have a half hour or so to sip some coffee and check out the locals.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i just sold my road star and bought a 07 warrior. One of the best things i have done. Although the roadie wasnt bad the warrior is just better. You will love it.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Depends what you want from the bike...

Roadie looks more like a "classic cruiser" and performs about the same with 1600cc grunt. The Warrior is a more aggressive "street machine", that handles better and goes faster.

A mate of mine had a roadie and loved it because it suited his image. His nickname is "Elvis" and he plays drums in a band. Speed wasn't the thing he really wanted from the bike. He wanted style and note from the pipes. That said I blasted him when we were out riding together...he he.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I just got rid of a 1700 Midnight star and for only one reason, the Warrior handles so much better. I am not all about the speed (But its nice to have). It was how it cuts corners and curves and it is lighter.
The Roadie was 700+ lbs and the Warrior is 600+ this makes all the difference when you are a female and ride your own...
[/emoticons/emotion-11.gif]

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
ever hear the old saying "better your sister in a ***** house than your brother on a honda" ?? i think that should cover it [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
209 Posts
you don't have a sister and the only honda i would own is a generator!![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]quote:Originally posted by southboundchicken

ever hear the old saying "better your sister in a ***** house than your brother on a honda" ?? i think that should cover it [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts