RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all. After years of admiring them, and repeatedly "building my own" online, I am proud to say that I am a newbie Warrior owner. Bought myself a red 2006 Warrior almost 4 weeks ago, with about 5k miles on it. I absolutely love it.

I've also enjoyed reading this forum. Lots of great information.

I bought a warranty with the bike. Paid $799 for a 2 year warranty. I don't feel too bad about this because it's a used bike, and although it appears to have received excellent care from its original owner, I don't want any troubles with it during the next couple years.

My real question/concern, is the $2100 that I paid for a 3 year service agreement. Supposedely this plan completely covers all parts and labor associated with the next 6 major manufacturer recommended services, along with the next 6 minor services (oil changes), and up to 2 new batteries. Or 3 years, whichever of these comes first. Of course, the dealer showed me how much all of these services would cost if I paid out of pocket for them, and I'm supposedly saving myself about $1000 over the next 3 years, by purchasing this service plan.

Thoughts? Have I been ripped off? Seems really pricey to me, but maybe that's just how much it costs to maintain my new Warrior for three years? It's been less than one month, so I can still cancel the service plan and get a full refund.

Regardless, I'll follow the recommended maintenance schedule. I'd either get the work done at a reputable dealer, or do some of the simple stuff myself (oil change, plugs, etc.).

I appreciate anyone's opinions on this, of whether I should stick with the service plan I've purchased, or cancel it and pay out of pocket.

Thanks all. Love my Warrior!

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Welcome to the 4m. Now to answer your questions. I think the price is way steep. The warrior is basically an easy bike to do most routine maintenance on. But if you do it yourself you will find the plugs or rather 1 plug hard to change, especially if you still have the stock airbox. But you can do it. HAng around and you will learn so much about these bikes the dealer may send someone to you. Really. Ask me why I say this sometime.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
you spent 2100 dollars to save 1000 dollars?????????

Do you realize that's a net loss of 1100 dollars??????

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quote:Originally posted by flb_78

Ummmm, no...

According to dealer's fee schedule, would cost $3100 for all recommended maintenance over the next 3 years. Sold me a plan to cover all this for $2100, supposedly saving $1000.

So, that's my question... Does it really cost $3100, or even $2100 to maintain a Warrior for three years. I figured not, but as mentioned, the plan is easily canceled in the first 30 days for a full refund.

From the couple replies I've seen so far, looks like I'll be stopping in the dealer to cancel that service plan. Will pay out of pocket or do it myself.

Thanks for the replies, and confirming my suspicion.

- Duane

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
quote:Originally posted by papawheelie

Ummmm, no...

According to dealer's fee schedule, would cost $3100 for all recommended maintenance over the next 3 years. Sold me a plan to cover all this for $2100, supposedly saving $1000.

So, that's my question... Does it really cost $3100, or even $2100 to maintain a Warrior for three years. I figured not, but as mentioned, the plan is easily canceled in the first 30 days for a full refund.

From the couple replies I've seen so far, looks like I'll be stopping in the dealer to cancel that service plan. Will pay out of pocket or do it myself.

- Duane

Good idea. Then take the 2 grand and mod that bad boy

·
Registered
3,972 Posts

Ummmm, no...

- Duane

alrighty then.

Dump the plan.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
welcome to the forum and congrats on your new bike pappa[8D] now get down there to the stealer and get your $$$$$ back on that rip off warranty they sold you. the only way it would pay to have it would be if your bike suffered major engine failure and thats highly unlikely with regular/proper maintanance. as for regular maintenance and repairs they are fairly easy and with the knowledgable folks here to help you'll be in real good hands[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
if you are at all handy then I would say to get your money back and do the regular maint yourself. you will save a ton of loot. a regular service that they would charge you $300 for you can do yourself for under $100..plus it gives you a chance to really get to know your bike.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts

Thanks guys. That makes me feel better. Looking forward to many happy years on the road...
Riding a Yamaha you should have no problem with that wish!Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and congrats on choosing the warrior. I agree with everyone else, I think that the price for the service agreement is too much. I too have a 06 Red warrior. Come and say hi in the Red Warrior Club when you get a chance.http://rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=46545

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just bought an 08 and thats about the cost of the service plan i was offered also. I laughed and said sorry bro thats the last time you guys will see this bike. I do all my own work. I agree get your money back for the service plan and buy goodies for the bike.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts