RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm bringing my warrior in mind you so please don't judge this post as a careless disregard for safety or lack of knowledge on my part reagrding my bike. But I spoke with my dealer and after realizing the length of time my bike would be held up waiting for a kit to get shipped from yamaha, I asked if I should worry about riding my bike to the shop or anywhere else for that matter.

He advised me to get on a forum (that's you guys) and see what other riders were talking about. He said that he hadn't heard of any warrior's seizing up as a result of this particular part. He could not give his opinio as it would set his shop up for liability lawsuit if he was wrong, but I got a general idea that he figured this whole recall as a bunch of hooey. Understandable if true but hooey nonetheless.

anybody got feedback for me? [xx(]

·
Registered
60 Posts
Worry? Probably not...Excercise reasonable judgement....sure. I've heard of two reports of transmission failures on the forum...I was one of the original "I'll ride it till it's fixed" members...but a number of members have mades some pretty good arguements for sitting it out...What if I go down riding with my buddies and I take one of them out? Do I want my wife feeding me baby food through a syringe for the rest of my life...etc...etc... The way I'm looking at it now is that hopefully we're only a few weeks away from a fix...to me, not worth the risk...

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Welcome to the site, glad to have you here.

Honestly, you'll freak over how many posts there are on this topic in the total recall section of the site.

BTW, I rode my Warrior 500 miles last weekend. If you're worried about winding up paralyzed and spending the rest of your life as a king-size head of broccoli, I reckon you ought not be riding the most dangerous motor vehicle on the road today: a motorcycle.

Hooey...nuff said

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
I never told my bike about the recall. I figure since it didn't know about it for the first 23,000 miles and didn't break, maybe it not knowing for the last 2 months won't suddenly kill it

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
I'll be riding. If a kit isnt available for me before August, Im driving the 1000 miles to sturgis without it.

In my opionion - hooey

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
I just told my bike she was getting implants so that her jugs would be bigger. She was okay with that. We are both happy. Told her tranny wasn't to big and I really liked it. Figured if I got her thinking about her jugs instead she'd never think about her tranny.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Haven't been riding but plan to start this weekend. I'm bustin' my warrior out of recall jail and putting on some miles. Over 30,000 units sold and only 2 "possible" tranny failures??? I vote hooey!

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Sky rocketed all the way to 40 degrees today. First thing I did when I got home is put on my leather and go out for a nice romp around the neighborhood. Boy that feels good.

You gotta decide this one for yourself. Why your thinking about it, I'll be out melting tires. [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
Rode today, rode yesterday....got wet both days but don't care. The temperature's in the 70's and my bike wants to be ridden. Am I a little apprehensive about it, sure. I worry alot more about Houston traffic than I do about my transmission locking up though.

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
By the way, you've gotta decide for yourself whether you ride. It usually doesn't hurt anything to be extra cautious. I just need to ride.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I am sure that there is a risk of getting injured or killed because of a tranny failure if you ride your bike before the recall work is done. I also think that there is a risk dying because of of brake failure, steering bearings locking up, the engine or transmission locking up from other reasons than the one that the recall will fix, skidding on an oil patch in the street, cars running me down, etc. Either I accept these risks or I sell the bike and get myself an X-Box instead. It's not like riding the Warrior has suddenly become something very dangerous. It has always been dangerous, tranny recall or not.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Mnz

.....It's not like riding the Warrior has suddenly become something very dangerous. It has always been dangerous, tranny recall or not.
Couldn't have said it better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks much for all the feedback everyone. I guess I'm riding. I was never afraid of my bike to start and I'm not going to get in the habit of it now. I am exercising a bit of restraint though; not the usual speedracer manifesto, so I'll wait to test my limits until after she get's out of the shop.

until then, ride safe and rock on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts