RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks can anyone make me a side plate out of carbon fiber that looks like any of these for my velocity stack? I put in a BAK and removed the side airbox but still have the ugly wires to cover up. Bucky I know these are your designs but do you do it in carbon fiber?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
SqueakyLizard used to make several carbon fiber covers and things and made some nice things for me but he kind of just up and disappeared rather ubruptly several months ago. It got to be real hit or miss if he'd reply but you can always try emailing him to see. Maybe his life has calmed down a bit more since October. You might check with Scooterman also and see if he still has some CF and could maybe do something for you. I know he had been working with it and he has a new machine shop he's working in now.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
By the way HERE is the thread where people can find Bucky's products if they are interested in knowing more about those items you showed or knowing what else he can make for them.It makessense to me to give him a little advertising if you're going to use his design ideas to have someone else make something similar.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
I don't do any work in Carbon Fiber, only metal parts, I can Chrome, Polish, Anodize or Powdercoat parts.

Marco Polo said:
By the way HERE is the thread where people can find Bucky's products if they are interested in knowing more about those items you showed or knowing what else he can make for them.It makessense to me to give him a little advertising if you're going to use his design ideas to have someone else make something similar.
Thanks Marco

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
I could do any flat carbon fiber prices. I could cut those on the waterjet. It would just be a matter of finding the cf.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I you can do that it would be great. I like this shape the best.

Please I will need the center hole cut out for the velocity stack. It measures 1 1/8" inch diameter and be directly in the center. I will need the carbon fiber to be high gloss on the side that faces out and I would like the carbon fiber sheet to measure at least 1/8" thick so that it won't bend under the weight of the velocity stack.

Please let me know if you can do it and how much it would cost.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
That's going to look so great.... I just bought a Tornado intake and would love to have that same thingfor itbut I should really stop spending money on a bike I'm trying to sell. Ugh, soooo hard though... I guess it wouldn't hurt to just hear a price though if you don't mind Tim.

Did you see this other design miami? It's similar to the one BMS makes that you can see on OhioMikes bike. I don't suppose you could really have a CF inner section though with the limited surface area but with some beveled edges and chromed that thing looks excellent also.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That was the other one I was thinking about but my vision of my bike is less is more. Its basically balck with two white stripes down the missle. It has carbon fiber, brushed aluminum with minimal chrome. I trying for a modern look like a lamborghini. Below is the velocity stack I'm putting on. Its the only flashy part on the bike. Other than the 44 mag shells on the grips and risers and the inferno floorboards.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Bucky another thing I thought of was to do the the frame plate in brushed aluminum with a perforated sheet on the inside. See below.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts