RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, during my ride, I felt a large and abnormal vibration of the bike.
so awkward that I had huge spikes in my arms and legs.
Something I didn't have before or less.
I have a slight noise at the front of the engine as if the belt has failed.
is that talking to someone? thanks

·
Registered
687 Posts
Check your motor mounts as one of then maybe loose. That will increase vibration a lot if any of them have come lose. One of your tires could be out of balance as well. Give your bike a once over and make sure everything is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think it comes from balancing the wheels, not the same feeling.
the vibration would rather come from the mechanical part.
I do not know if the translation will be good but the vibration gives me very unpleasant tingling

·
Registered
376 Posts
I’ve got nothing other than what JV said. I double it’s internal as the bike probably wouldn’t run. Does it vibrate as soon as you start the bike or does it come in later?

·
Registered
687 Posts
I had a lose motor mount and it made my bike feel all out of wack. It felt like it was vibrating so much harder. I’d start there and if it’s not that then I’m not sure. What exhaust do you have? I have found that the free floating exhausts that only mount vis flanges cause more vibration as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’ve got nothing other than what JV said. I double it’s internal as the bike probably wouldn’t run. Does it vibrate as soon as you start the bike or does it come in later?
hi, no it idles very well, it comes when the motorcycle is starting to run at engine speed.
I think it drives very well apart from this huge vibration

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi, no it idles very well, it comes when the motorcycle is starting to run at engine speed.
I think it drives very well apart from this huge vibration
ok i will check my engine mounts. My exhaust is a vance and hines big radius. On another publication, I talked about my motorcycle backfiring, I was advised to ask the ais removal. So I order the bak baron that I am still waiting for. Everything is in the kit. Could it not come from there?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I’m not trying to discount any of the previous possible mechanical suggestions that have been submitted, but I found the Warrior to be very harsh and vibrational, particularly in the handlebars, until I got the Ivan’s ECU reflash. It was literally like a night and day difference between the two. My two cents.

edit: my experience wasn’t “all of the sudden” vibration. It was always there since purchase until I got the reflash done. Your issue could very well be a mechanical problem.

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
Do you have aftermarket handlebars? If the bars or risers make direct contact to the top tree bypassing the rubber bushings they'll vibrate like crazy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hey madtom, thanks for bringing that up about the handle bars. When I changed from T bars to mini apes the vibration was pretty high. I ended up putting double rubber bushes on which improved the vibration by 70%. However I do think it is more like a combination engine mounts and not being use to the warrior. Just throwing it out there.

·
Administrator
28,376 Posts
Adding to suggestions already offered:

If it did not vibrate as much before and now suddenly it vibrates more but only when the motorcycle is moving forward, then check your front drive-belt pulley from several angles looking for debris or indications of looseness. Also check your front and rear wheels in case balance weights came off (even if you do not think its the cause) and verify axle nuts and air pressure. Check any mods or repairs done immediately prior. Lastly since its not common, check the steering head bearing (see e-manual) in case loose.

Please let us know item for item if you checked and what you found.

·
Premium Member
3,367 Posts
I will agree with Arizona, check the front pulley to see if it is loose.

Also lately have you added or removed anything?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you have aftermarket handlebars? If the bars or risers make direct contact to the top tree bypassing the rubber bushings they'll vibrate like crazy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
hi then the handlebars are not original.
I have the rubber rings, maybe they are worn so we should disassemble this one.
I am attaching a photo to you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
[QUOTE = "Nico29233, message: 3884159, membre: 91985"]
salut alors le guidon n'est pas d'origine.
J'ai les anneaux en caoutchouc, peut-être qu'ils sont usés donc nous devrions démonter celui-ci.
Je vous attache une photo.
[/CITATION]
IMG_20200622_180123828.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will agree with Arizona, check the front pulley to see if it is loose.

Also lately have you added or removed anything?
hi no added anything, finally if I put down my rear wheel to drive a remote license plate holder.
the history of the pulley could stick because I have a noise about at the level of the front pinion.
is this a common problem

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Adding to suggestions already offered:

If it did not vibrate as much before and now suddenly it vibrates more but only when the motorcycle is moving forward, then check your front drive-belt pulley from several angles looking for debris or indications of looseness. Also check your front and rear wheels in case balance weights came off (even if you do not think its the cause) and verify axle nuts and air pressure. Check any mods or repairs done immediately prior. Lastly since its not common, check the steering head bearing (see e-manual) in case loose.

Please let us know item for item if you checked and what you found.
ok i will check the pulley, apparently this is a problem that comes up quite often on the warrior.
I will balance the wheels, maybe even change my tires, they are not completely worn but not far away.
I have a lot to control and I will tell you when I find the fault

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I’m not trying to discount any of the previous possible mechanical suggestions that have been submitted, but I found the Warrior to be very harsh and vibrational, particularly in the handlebars, until I got the Ivan’s ECU reflash. It was literally like a night and day difference between the two. My two cents.

edit: my experience wasn’t “all of the sudden” vibration. It was always there since purchase until I got the reflash done. Your issue could very well be a mechanical problem.
hi what do you mean by "ecu reflash"
reprogramming? thanks

·
Premium Member
8,761 Posts
[QUOTE = "Nico29233, message: 3884159, membre: 91985"]
salut alors le guidon n'est pas d'origine.
J'ai les anneaux en caoutchouc, peut-être qu'ils sont usés donc nous devrions démonter celui-ci.
Je vous attache une photo.
[/CITATION]
This might be of interest regarding your aftermarket TT Bar: Top Triple Tree Riser Bushings '101'

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Hi there Nico , you've got a vibration yes ? Try checking that the front drive belt pulley nut has not come loose. I had the same type of problem years ago and it turned out that when I removed the front drive belt cover the pulley nut looked ok ,but when I knocked the tab on the locking washer back the pulley nut was finger tight . I obviously torqued the nut back up plus a couple of lbs. Everything was ok .A lucky escape.🇬🇧🇺🇸. Frec 🇬🇧

1 - 20 of 34 Posts