RS Warrior Forum banner

significant vibration in the arms and leg

3K views 74 replies 11 participants last post by  Nico29233 
#1 ·
Hello, during my ride, I felt a large and abnormal vibration of the bike.
so awkward that I had huge spikes in my arms and legs.
Something I didn't have before or less.
I have a slight noise at the front of the engine as if the belt has failed.
is that talking to someone? thanks

#5 ·
I had a lose motor mount and it made my bike feel all out of wack. It felt like it was vibrating so much harder. I’d start there and if it’s not that then I’m not sure. What exhaust do you have? I have found that the free floating exhausts that only mount vis flanges cause more vibration as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 · (Edited)
I’m not trying to discount any of the previous possible mechanical suggestions that have been submitted, but I found the Warrior to be very harsh and vibrational, particularly in the handlebars, until I got the Ivan’s ECU reflash. It was literally like a night and day difference between the two. My two cents.

edit: my experience wasn’t “all of the sudden” vibration. It was always there since purchase until I got the reflash done. Your issue could very well be a mechanical problem.

#10 ·
Hey madtom, thanks for bringing that up about the handle bars. When I changed from T bars to mini apes the vibration was pretty high. I ended up putting double rubber bushes on which improved the vibration by 70%. However I do think it is more like a combination engine mounts and not being use to the warrior. Just throwing it out there.

#11 ·
Adding to suggestions already offered:

If it did not vibrate as much before and now suddenly it vibrates more but only when the motorcycle is moving forward, then check your front drive-belt pulley from several angles looking for debris or indications of looseness. Also check your front and rear wheels in case balance weights came off (even if you do not think its the cause) and verify axle nuts and air pressure. Check any mods or repairs done immediately prior. Lastly since its not common, check the steering head bearing (see e-manual) in case loose.

Please let us know item for item if you checked and what you found.

#16 ·
ok i will check the pulley, apparently this is a problem that comes up quite often on the warrior.
I will balance the wheels, maybe even change my tires, they are not completely worn but not far away.
I have a lot to control and I will tell you when I find the fault

#18 ·
[QUOTE = "Nico29233, message: 3884159, membre: 91985"]
salut alors le guidon n'est pas d'origine.
J'ai les anneaux en caoutchouc, peut-être qu'ils sont usés donc nous devrions démonter celui-ci.
Je vous attache une photo.
[/CITATION]
This might be of interest regarding your aftermarket TT Bar: Top Triple Tree Riser Bushings '101'

#20 ·
Hi there Nico , you've got a vibration yes ? Try checking that the front drive belt pulley nut has not come loose. I had the same type of problem years ago and it turned out that when I removed the front drive belt cover the pulley nut looked ok ,but when I knocked the tab on the locking washer back the pulley nut was finger tight . I obviously torqued the nut back up plus a couple of lbs. Everything was ok .A lucky escape.🇬🇧🇺🇸. Frec 🇬🇧

#26 ·
What is normal is subjective.

Stock bars sometimes the mirrors shake enough to be useless. It gets worse if aftermarket bars do not play well with the Warrior's vibration isolation (rubbers and cap washer).

Adding Ivan's flash has made my mirrors completely 100% good at any speed even with my TT bars.

Its a really big question you are asking!!!!!

#27 ·
My factory mirrors do not vibrate that bad at all it's more a whole motorcycle shake lol. Its honestly probably normal I'm just used to sport bike vtwins. I dont think I have an Ivan's flash at least I didnt see any markings on the ECU but eventually I would like one.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#28 ·
You have to realise Chomoro that each cylinder is the same capacity of an 883 Sportster. That being the case the warrior has to vibrate. If it doesn’t vibrate when your out riding either means you have stopped for a rest or it had broken down. Me personally I like the vibration, because I can feel the power of the beast between my legs ( let’s not go where everyone is thinking ). It’s a case of the old bull ( warrior ) and the young bull ( sport bikes ).

#36 ·
hello guys, little news about the vibration of my bike. I come back from the motorcycle garage, I had the front tires changed which was deformed, replaced the fork seals because of a leak and put the belt back online and check the tension. the vibration is still present and very unpleasant. in my opinion the vibrations come from the bottom of the machine. as she was restrained.

#38 ·
Have u actually removed the bars to inspect the bushings

I switched to Tbars on my first warrior
Vibration was horrible..
The bars were a lil thicker and the was on the Triple Trees
That was the cause of my vibration
A couple rubber rings n solved.

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

#42 ·
Have u actually removed the bars to inspect the bushings

I switched to Tbars on my first warrior
Vibration was horrible..
The bars were a lil thicker and the was on the Triple Trees
That was the cause of my vibration
A couple rubber rings n solved.

no I did not remove them. do you think it can generate vibrations in the foot rests?

#44 ·
Bro Just pull them from the triple Trees
Check the bushings and rubber rings...

Also gotta make sure that the bars ARE NOT TOUVHING THE THE TRIPLE TREES

Cause that could be a issue...

When and if u decide to pul them off post pics . SO WE CAN SEE ...

Listen u ask for help we are giving help
WHERE giving help
Up to you if you wanna take the help or suggestions

#45 ·
Bro Just pull them from the triple Trees
Check the bushings and rubber rings...

Also gotta make sure that the bars ARE NOT TOUVHING THE THE TRIPLE TREES

Cause that could be a issue...

When and if u decide to pul them off post pics . SO WE CAN SEE ...

Listen u ask for help we are giving help
WHERE giving help
Up to you if you wanna take the help or suggestions

Thank you for your answer .
Obviously I'm taking all your suggestions into account, I'm just going step by step, I'm wondering why.
I will take them apart and take pictures for you.
no problem

#46 ·
Its possible you have two troubles. Its smart to take the handlebar riser metal-on-metal issue out of the mix before jumping into things that cost money (as you have already). Your choice though. No need to separate control cables etc. Just pull the headlight bucket to get at the bolt heads and lift up to get a pic before disturbing anything between. Protect the fuel tank. Post the pics and someone will likely be around to help.

Check the e-copy of the service-manual for details of how the anti-vibration assembly should be.

#47 ·
ok i will look from this side.
I absolutely do not question your experience in the subject.
the expense I did was anyway, misshapen tires and leaky fork seals.
I will try to take it apart and take some pictures.
I keep you informed.
have a good day

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.