RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi there Nico , you've got a vibration yes ? Try checking that the front drive belt pulley nut has not come loose. I had the same type of problem years ago and it turned out that when I removed the front drive belt cover the pulley nut looked ok ,but when I knocked the tab on the locking washer back the pulley nut was finger tight . I obviously torqued the nut back up plus a couple of lbs. Everything was ok .A lucky escape.🇬🇧🇺🇸. Frec 🇬🇧
it would seem that many people have experienced this loose nut problem.
I'm going to watch this this weekend.
I'll let you know.
thank you

·
Registered
83 Posts
What is normal warrior vibration? When I bought mine I was surprised it has so much shake at idle at a stop light. Reminds me of a Harley, I thought it was normal but now I'm thinking I need to check my motor mounts.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
28,376 Posts
What is normal is subjective.

Stock bars sometimes the mirrors shake enough to be useless. It gets worse if aftermarket bars do not play well with the Warrior's vibration isolation (rubbers and cap washer).

Adding Ivan's flash has made my mirrors completely 100% good at any speed even with my TT bars.

Its a really big question you are asking!!!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
What is normal is subjective.

Stock bars sometimes the mirrors shake enough to be useless. It gets worse if aftermarket bars do not play well with the Warrior's vibration isolation (rubbers and cap washer).

Adding Ivan's flash has made my mirrors completely 100% good at any speed even with my TT bars.

Its a really big question you are asking!!!!!
My factory mirrors do not vibrate that bad at all it's more a whole motorcycle shake lol. Its honestly probably normal I'm just used to sport bike vtwins. I dont think I have an Ivan's flash at least I didnt see any markings on the ECU but eventually I would like one.

·
Registered
376 Posts
You have to realise Chomoro that each cylinder is the same capacity of an 883 Sportster. That being the case the warrior has to vibrate. If it doesn’t vibrate when your out riding either means you have stopped for a rest or it had broken down. Me personally I like the vibration, because I can feel the power of the beast between my legs ( let’s not go where everyone is thinking ). It’s a case of the old bull ( warrior ) and the young bull ( sport bikes ).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I started my research on vibration.
I checked the toothed pulley and the tightness of the engine supports.
I did not notice anything abnormal.
do you think poor belt tension can create this kind of problem?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I started my research on vibration.
I checked the toothed pulley and the tightness of the engine supports.
I did not notice anything abnormal.
do you think poor belt tension can create this kind of problem?
I ordered a belt tension tool. I think mine is way too tight. After I recieve it and test i will post up my results on if it cured any of my virbration.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
cool Chomorro thank you, I'm interested in the result you will bring.
What did you use as a tool?

·
Registered
83 Posts
cool Chomorro thank you, I'm interested in the result you will bring.
What did you use as a tool?
Just checked my tension. I am at 5 mm at all positions of the tire. Which is under spec at 6 to 8mm at all positions.

I really dont feel like removing my exhaust though to adjust it lol.......... I guess I should

21 - 34 of 34 Posts